The Official Work Pictures Thread

dressed for a bear attack
:lol: I totally understand that logic. Owl it seems? She make it OK? You were able to disentangle her?

Sam: snow doesn't seem possible! Love the picts but you live in a crazy place!

Re: beads...when my first grader grandson got off the bus yesterday the first thing he did was hand me those beads and say, "these are for you, Grandad." You GOTTA wear them at that point.

Glad you asked about the pants...that is why I posted the picture of them. I wanted to follow up on my post a few months ago about ordering Cloggers. I thougt the Cloggers were going to be the cat's meow. Nope.

I like the Arbor Flex pants OK...I first got the Cloggers...medium size. The crotch fit was maddening, like sitting on a taut line...not guy friendly. I sent them back and got a large size (mind you, I'm 5'10", around 142 pounds...not a big ole boy). Even the large size was not wearable...standing up, OK...any movement like climbing or squatting and it is soprano time.

I returned them, too...TreeStuff was wonderful about all this. They acknowledged they had gotten complaints that the Cloggers seemed to be "cut differently" and it was not just me that seemed to be getting de-nutted. They recommended I try the Arbor Flex...took about a month for them to show up...must be real popular. Yesterday was the first time I wore them. Easy to move around in, comfortable enough. Not as cool as I hoped but I guess that is just the way chainsaw pants are gonna be. I have some 10 year old Wesspur/Husqvarna chainsaw pants that are fairly bulky...and pretty hot. Fine for winter. I was hoping the Cloggers or Flex would be a lot cooler. They are probably some cooler but the Flex are going to be a lesson in discipline if I wear them in 90+ summer weather. They got my attention heat wise in 80 degrees yesterday.

I am not sure about the big flap in the back...verdict is still out with that. But the pockets and fit are good...the phone pocket on the leg is nice. I kept my pocket knife in a right side low leg pocket all day and it stayed with me...easy to reach if I need it.

I am in no way qualified to make that call. We got it in a cage and it's going to the local wildlife place in the morning to be checked out. The leg that was caught in the string was tore up pretty good. It was getting dark and no one wanted to leave her alone to see if it had enough strength to fly. We've got an over abundance of coons and the coyote's have been yipping around here again.

Wow, awesome work, good on ya, Rich.

Are you saying the owl hung upside down overnight??:\:

That's what I was told. Poor thing was exhausted. Had enough energy to click that beak loudly the whole way down the tree though.

Way to do, Rich. I've been called to rescue raptors twice, both tangled somewhat similarly to your report. Dress for bear is appropriate :). Them rascals will take no prisoners, notwithstanding us being there to try to help :D.

COOOOOOLVEEEESSSSSTTTT for real. Money really well spent, strike that, invested. I lived in southern Illinois. I'm familiar with the heat and high humidity. I tried doing tree work in that heat about 10 years ago.

IDK the brand. There is some "Vent" version of some pants. I can't recall.

Some meshy rear panels or something. Vent zips maybe.

Probably worth its own thread.

OK, I get it about the beads!

I got a pair of pfanner ventilations...fit very nicely, but I'm not a bloke...I like the zips on the back of the legs, give a nice breeze. I haven't had them in real heat yet though...oh yeah they have a mesh panel at the waistline too, supposedly will let heat out there, but the chainsaw protective cloth is behinds it...
I actually really liked my Francitals, even in the heat I found them tolerable, don't see them on the free stuff site any more though.

Just a thought to pass on, learned from experience...re keeping cooler with saw pants. No matter what the brand, get rid of the belt, if you use one, and go with suspenders. The somewhat looser fit at the waist allows better ventilation, and is noticeably more comfortable in consequence...I have found anyway.

This actually works some with chaps too. Just keep the waist band pretty loose, and use suspenders for positioning.

Mistletoe removal in 6 blue oaks....got 2 done....rain came in....packed up....I went home....lol

012.jpg

Crazy winds too.
We did not get the rain yet. Nice view Scott. I was still doing golden pines in gusty winds. Having some more blues to prune (alive) would be refreshing.

Crazy winds too.
We did not get the rain yet. Nice view Scott. I was still doing golden pines in gusty winds. Having some more blues to prune (alive) would be refreshing.

Its been a little while since Ive removed any goldies...mistletoe has been fun though, the rain has been relentless, still behind on some jobs.

3 Doug fir canopy raises at the edge of the bank, and a dead madrona removal today.
Another dead madrona and a dead maple dismantle tomorrow. Looks like nice figured maple. Going to knuckle boom 3 trunk logs out of it on Friday or more likely next week. IMG_20170412_163011137_HDR.jpg

This maple at the driveway entrance to the left of the truck is crispy, bark falling off. Tight drop zone. Should be fun.

If the rental 50' tow-behind lift was available, I'd get it for 4 hours. Rented out for a week though, so I climb it. If it's too​ dicey, I'll go to Plan B.

IMG_20170412_163015490.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg
The youngster and I were turned loose on some county projects now. Just shy of 300 yards of chips and two log truck loads of wood in two days. Need a half day tomorrow to finish it up.

Did you guys take the rigging spar/other Co dom down? Or just cut it off and call it good?

It's definitely gotta come down Deva, but since we didn't peg it as an "emergency," Boeing will take their sweet ol' time getting their arb out to look at it, and then calling us back, etc.

Ray: Yer a super nice guy, but... No, actually... our company actually walks away from a lot of jobs. My boss just walked away from A 54" FIR!!! that had smashed through a house. When I asked him why, he said that there was a gas meter under the log, so he didn't think we could do it without a big crane. :? Oh well... prolly a blessing in disguise... after all, i DID just lose a truck and chipper down the driveway, into the house. :|:

Re the sap stuff... of course Burnham knows that I was horsing around, but on a serious note... i HAVE been toying around with the idea of using Doug or Grand Fir sap to try to bitter beers about like an IPA. You know what I'm sayin?... cut back on some of the hops and just throw some sap into the wort. :/:

Rich: That was a rockin cool owl-post. Dude, I'da had chain-mail armor.

Cool Cloggers link, Levi. I think Ray should torture test them and if he approves, I'll get some fo sho.

Back