The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Yeehaw! Glad to see your back. Now, let me see who I can piss off next :/:

Just kiddin :D

I'll be good, I promise.

Trying too hard pisses us off too, ya know :D.

Glad to see the world revolves with a little less wobble this morning. Props to both for making the effort.

When you little men get your 1 million posts, like me, then you can cry like little girly men, until then, shut up and be happy:lol:

What the fight's over? Man, I always miss the good stuff. Now it's all huggy kissy manlove, blech!

Evening guys, name's Erik. Trying to get into the tree business. Currently am a deckhand, carpenter and medic in the NY Army national guard, actually I'm sitting in the armory right now eating a sub and drinking beer. Ok going back to trolling. Thank you for having me
:|:

Evening guys, name's Erik. Trying to get into the tree business. Currently am a deckhand, carpenter and medic in the NY Army national guard, actually I'm sitting in the armory right now eating a sub and drinking beer. Ok going back to trolling. Thank you for having me
:|:

Dang, I missed this post! Welcome to the TreeHouse, Eric! How'd you find us?

I got real tired of all the gum flappin' b.s. name callin' over at AS. Some good info but just plain tired of the my johnson is bigger that always seemed to pop up on everythread. I found this place by way of google.

I have over 10,000 posts at that place.

I was sunk (Hurricane Andrew) in the Gulf of Mexico on a 100 ton work boat, working as a deckhand. Whutta rush!!!

You'll find much less of that here, if any at all. Once in awhile we get a jerk that arrives here. We tend to humble them and send them back to where they came from. It's a laid back scene here. Thank you for your service and jump in on some conversation.

If you are amatuer or new to this industry, dont be bashful about asking questions here. There is a wealth of practical knowledge here, and a lot of guys willing to share it to make each others work easier and safer. We have loggers, saw collectors, climbers, laborers, wood workers, professional instructors, and mechanics from all corners of the globe. None of which are too high and mighty to share their tricks, secrets, tactics, and mistakes. Join in. I'm Chris. I'm a jerk off. But not on purpose. I don't type things as I actually mean them.

Welcome, Erik. AS was fun back in the early days but Darin is a weird critter with a twisted mind. He eventually ran off almost all the early members.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Yeah MB I haven't been sunk yet but have been up to my little man in bilge in february stoppin a leak in a rather scary crack on the stern. You'd be surprised how brittle aluminum reacts to 6" of ice( sea school capts. don't help either).

Ha. We were rudely awakened one morning at the docks cuz the packing on the shafts busted through during the night and the engine room was flooding. We were assholes and elbows there for a while!!!

Lost a few shirts and other articles of clothing to the stuffing box......and now that I think of it,always when its cold to. Me thinks its time to re-eval this life.:?

It's just water fellas. I've been assholes and elbows myself on a few private or non-pay vessels. Nothing like that wake up call.

Oh and welcome Erik!

Back