The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Welcome neighah! :thumbup::D
I'm up here in Laconia N.H. ;)
You're in the right place to learn. There's a lot of people
here who are more than willing to help and answer questions.
Look forward to hearing and seeing what's "going on" in southern N.H.

Randy

Just wanted to drop my first post and say hi. My name is Mike Arsenault, I'm from southern NH. I've been heating my house with wood for the last 5 or 6 years with trees I've felled and processed myself. I guess 7 or 8 cords per season. I decided to start climbing about a year ago and started to research the industry. After purchasing all new gear from Treestuff months ago, I stumbled into this forum just last week, looks like a great place to hang out and learn from a bunch of salty tree guys. I have a diverse work history, starting in the fishing industry on my family charter boat in Gloucester MA, to stints in the US Navy and US Army, to a welder and machinist and electronics manufacturing to list a few. My current and final full time job is as a police officer for Harvard University (the best kept secret in policing.) I'm so new to climbing that I'm currently on my third tree removal. A silver maple with a six foot dia stem. I'll try to post some pics and video of the beast. I hope to contribute where I can and thanks in advance for all the knowledge.

Thank you for your donation, Mike!!!

Just wanted to drop my first post and say hi. My name is Mike Arsenault, I'm from southern NH. I've been heating my house with wood for the last 5 or 6 years with trees I've felled and processed myself. I guess 7 or 8 cords per season. I decided to start climbing about a year ago and started to research the industry. After purchasing all new gear from Treestuff months ago, I stumbled into this forum just last week, looks like a great place to hang out and learn from a bunch of salty tree guys. I have a diverse work history, starting in the fishing industry on my family charter boat in Gloucester MA, to stints in the US Navy and US Army, to a welder and machinist and electronics manufacturing to list a few. My current and final full time job is as a police officer for Harvard University (the best kept secret in policing.) I'm so new to climbing that I'm currently on my third tree removal. A silver maple with a six foot dia stem. I'll try to post some pics and video of the beast. I hope to contribute where I can and thanks in advance for all the knowledge.
Welcome and crikey! That's quite a challenge for your third tree. Good luck!

So i've never used a forum but I am stoked on this one. I am from Chicago and have been doing tree work since 2012. Im a climber and love to suck up as much info as I can. Gotta say August Hunicke , Mr. Beranek, Reg Coates, and Pfannerman give alot of inspiration to me. Cant wait to hear and read what you all have to say on here. Thanks

Glad to have you here, brother. Make yourself at home and don't be shy to speak your mind.

My name is Butch. :drink:

Can we call you Matt?

Yea ive been around the area. My old man is from up there and he got me the job there. Hes an old arborist turned log truck driver. It was a good first company to work with. Was put on municipal trimming and removal contracts. Had two bad ass brothers that were my foreman. They saw that i was smart and eager to learn so they put me in a tree. Here and there moneybwould be missing from my check but i think they finally have a good time keeping system. Managment has changed and they got alot of new and good equipment. The only thing that kind of is a bummer is there are no white climbers which is okay but not to many speak good english. Right now i work for a company called Smittys and i am helping a tree company start called AM tree service. Sorry for the long message haha. Where do you work?
No kidding. Was it a good experience working for them? Where do you work now?

Yea ive been around the area. My old man is from up there and he got me the job there. Hes an old arborist turned log truck driver. It was a good first company to work with. Was put on municipal trimming and removal contracts. Had two bad ass brothers that were my foreman. They saw that i was smart and eager to learn so they put me in a tree. Here and there moneybwould be missing from my check but i think they finally have a good time keeping system. Managment has changed and they got alot of new and good equipment. The only thing that kind of is a bummer is there are no white climbers which is okay but not to many speak good english. Right now i work for a company called Smittys and i am helping a tree company start called AM tree service. Sorry for the long message haha. Where do you work?

It is great that your so eager to learn, and it sounds like you keep yourself busy. I own FJR Tree in Crystal Lake. Give me a holler if you are ever out this way.

Back