The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Oh, hi Butch. :hiya:
I see you have me in invisible mode, so I guess only you can see me. Thanks for preventing me from being able to contact some of my long term internet friends.

And you've turned into Darin from Arboristsite. Just as twisted, you control your little fiefdom by eliminating anybody who dares express an opinion not in agreement with yours. Enjoy your little fantasy world because outside of this forum you are nothing.
Later, asshole. I'll let myself out.

Hello!

My name is Dimitar and I am interested in learning something new and useful :) I work as a firefighter and I am specialized in rope rescue. Also I am part of one of the local mountain rescue teams. In my job we often need to remove trees and very often we have to do it in limited area, without vehicle access. That's why I had to learn how to work using arborist equipment and techniques.
There is still much to learn and I hope that I can do that here. :)

Well, Google, I think... I've started reading these forums about 2 years ago, and I do not remember exactly how I found this place... But the important thing is that it helps me to do my first steps in this kind of work, so I am planning to stay. There are no arborists in my country (at least none that I've heard of), and I think that here is the closest that I can get to professionals. With some help from you guys maybe I will be the first one... and why not even EAC/ISA certified someday? :)

Well, I don't think it means something... just a nickname, that I've been using since my first registration on the internet. Maybe I had to change it with something, that makes sense, but I'm a little sentimental when it comes to this :tongue3:.

That's cool. I was just wondering if it had some Bulgarian meaning or something. Do many Bulgarians speak English?

Sort of... English is almost international language now, so it replaced Russian in our schools. But someone consider it difficult to learn/speak, especially when you have to read specialized literature and use some new terms...
That's the moment when I have to apologize for the quality of MY English. But please be patient, it shall improve... I hope...

Cool. What is a combrig?

Combrig (комбриг - командующий бригады) - is a commander of brigade(The Russian army).

Brigade - this military division numbering from 2000 to 8000 people.
Привет, Димитар! Меня зовут Андрей. Рад видеть здесь брата-славянина!:) Я тоже работаю в пожарно-спасательной части.

Welcome to the Treehouse Dimitar! :D
I had to teach myself to climb using DVD's, books, and internet. The people here have a great attitude towards "new guys", and with the huge amount of knowledge and experience they have and are willing to share you will learn a lot for sure. ;)

Hey all, been lurking for a while now. Figured its time to jump in. Name's Sam, been doing trees around 4 years. Drag a hose around these days mostly, do ground work and pruning the rest of the year. Just started getting into splicing, picked up a lot of great info here. Hope to learn a lot more.

WELCOME.....

Sam,
welcome to the Tree House! I just posted you a welcome over in the splicing thread..... :)
Hope you stay around for a while, very helpful group of people here. :D They've taught me a bunch already..... ;)

Thanks guys, seems like a very friendly and knowledgeable group of folks around here. Looking forward to bouncing some ideas around.

Back