The Official Random Video Thread!

Weird, my wife and I were just talking about this stuff. My favorite things in deep space are the Voyager space probes. The farthest man made things ever. In 40,000 years, one of them will pass within a couple of light years from a star.

It's pretty big.

Yeah, all that vastness is mind-blowing. And the time involved, a 13 billion yr old universe, is the same, crazy and incomprehensible.

It makes it easy to envision earth as an island, a tiny-ass island, and so how nuts it is to defile that island or to do battle with other inhabitants of the tiny island.

It is good stuff, amazing stuff. I'm not out there crunching a bunch of differential equations though:lol:

Ha, Ive always been bad at math, but in college I ran into a professor who was awesome and got me fired up about math. So I took some more math courses and studied hard and made sure I understood everything that was being taught before moving onward to the next stuff. Well, at the end of calculus 2, despite my level best efforts, things were starting to get mighty fuzzy...:\: I went as far as I could with it, which wasn't really very far. Folks who can handle heavy duty math, well, its just real impressive.

My high school math teacher used to lock me in a closet. I have never been good at math. '

My college diesel professor lied to get me into college algebra, said he would kick my ass if I failed. Fortunatley the math teacher was a young guy and was a gun nut too. I worked my ass off and got a B.

The math program was so bad at my college you used to have to take an 094 level math class just to get into a 110 level math class. You did not even get credit for the 094. I had one semester left and did not have time to take the 094, so my diesel instructor lied to the registrar and told them that I took it last summer.
\
Sorry for the long winded story, math has traumatized me for years!

The secret to succeeding in math if you don't have the required intellect, is to take the same course twice. Discount the results of the first time and after really applying yourself, maybe get an A minus if the teacher doesn't know it's the second time..

Math is insane, cuz, its just there. But it is sooooo deep.

+1 on both.

Chemistry seemed to require a lot of memorization, iirc:/:

Since I tend to lean towards a multi-verse ideal.......

Cat sealed in a box alive. A random act, decision or atomic particle........ causes the cat to either live or die within the box.
In a multi-verse... upon opening the box, the observer is either going to observe a dead or a live cat. Upon seeing say a live cat, this creates also a branch off to another observer in a new time line that sees a dead cat. Given the cat can be either, it will create both results as it is both alive or dead if the box is opened or not... Best I can splain...
Here is a simple picture....
350px-Schroedingers_cat_film.svg.png

The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of whether the box is opened—but the "alive" and "dead" cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but cannot interact with each other.

Back