The Official Random Video Thread!

Visited a tribe on a tributary of the Amazon in Peru that were similar to these folks. They hunted with blowguns, made poison tipped darts, had quivers made from jaguar hide. It was pretty amazing. The women only wore tops for our sakes.
Unable to embed.

Apparently these people in the Amazon have never made contact with the outside world. Would you want to?

http://vimeo.com/19712297

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/19712297" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/19712297">Uncontacted Amazon Tribe: First ever aerial footage</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/survival">Survival International</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Jay, my thoughts exactly! Incredible. Sneaky humans.

Killing a Jaguar without a gun must be very serious work.
I agree, but when your own family is threatened you would do anything to get that animal.
A few months ago when I was travelling back from the big city I saw a black colored cougar sprint across the highway in about 2 leaps about 200 yards in front of me. He was long gone in the bush by the time I got to where he crossed, awful fast powerful animal, very rare to see cougars up here and I didn't tell anyone in fear of being called crazy. But just a few weeks ago another local person reported in the newspaper that they saw a black cougar near the same area where I saw one.

Another crazy story about a cougar siting locally a few years back. A biker was riding his motorcycle down the highway at the speed limit when he slowed down to see a large animal standing on the side of the highway. When he got up close he realized it was a cougar and the animal darted at him nearly grabbing his leg as he took off full throttle.

I've had a wild monkey, presumably a large male, try to grab my leg while on my bicycle. Grab it with his teeth. Scared the crapola out of me. A big cat with even larger teeth, no thank you!

I wonder how many times this has happened?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/noIJyY2KxRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big cats don't have natural predators, they know that they are very powerful. Having an angry one roar at you even when behind bars, can make your hair stand up on end if you are close.

I had a friend in highschool who got attacked by a cougar. Got the wicked ass paw/claw scar on his back. It treed him. Lol we razzed him. Good thinking climb a tree to get away from the cougar. It batted his back once and his dad was beating at it with a stick and scared it off. They were lucky it was a juvenile. It was hunted down and killed.

Cougars are all around these parts. I've seen many while working in the woods.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zl0zw1YVZd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cougars are all around these parts. I've seen many while working in the woods.

Woods work is a good place to see wildlife. But I'm surprised you've seen many in the woods. I thought they were more secretive than that.

Ha, btw, we were talking about bald eagles here a few days ago, I saw one in Maine over the weekend, makes the 6th one I've ever seen.

Woods work is a good place to see wildlife. But I'm surprised you've seen many in the woods. I thought they were more secretive than that.

Ha, btw, we were talking about bald eagles here a few days ago, I saw one in Maine over the weekend, makes the 6th one I've ever seen.

They used to be rare here Cory but I'll see 8 or 10 some mornings on the beach on low tide now. In the summer most of them head back north. I was hunting last year and had one land in a tree beside me with a duck he had caught. Two more landed in the same tree, trying to steal the duck. It was literally raining feathers as the one frantically picked the duck and the others were flapping and squawking while trying to make off with his catch. They finally succeeded in making him drop the duck and they all flew down in the palmettos after it, making an awful racket. Needless to say, I saw no deer that morning. They are a very noble looking bird indeed, but won't miss an opportunity to steal a mullet from an osprey.

Cory they are pretty reclusive for sure. But I've seen them probably a dozen times. Twice quite close. Once while one was drinking from a stream and it didn't notice me and the fellow who was with me until he started hick in rocks at it. I flipped. We were waiting to get picked up by the crummy, nothing with us not even a saw. I told him if it came for us I was shoving him to the ground before I started running.

I had one other close experience that I'll never forget. Most common sightings were from a pick up coming around a corner or whatnot and then they flee.

Cool. Sounds like there are a lot of them in your 'hood.

The winter of 1986 I was hand falling cutting road for our logging company up at Thompson ,Manitoba. I was about a mile by myself in the bush when my saw ran out of gas, as I was hunched over in the snow fueling up my saw I looked up and 6 full grown timber wolves stopped from a full run about 150 feet from me.
They sat down panting hard with steam coming out of their mouths from the -30 or so cold, looked like their were on the trail of a moose which I did see a young bull a few days before.
I sat down too and we just looked at each other for about 5 minutes. To this day I remember I had no fear and they didn't appear to have either, only sound was their panting and a jay in the distance. Then they got up and took off on their way at full speed and I went back to work falling trees.
Most beautiful thing that I ever witnessed in this world next to seeing my own children born.

I was working in the desert in Israel with a guy in a back hoe, in the distance two wolves appeared "loping" towards us.
Effortlessly covering the distance, their trajectory took them to within 10 mtrs of us and they didn't alter it at all.
We had a large rough collie with us that was well known for its courage and it was absolutely petrified. The two wolves stopped looked at us uninterested and un afraid for 20 seconds then loped off. Like Willard said, very moving. I'll never forget it.

I was taking a leak at the dump and a coyote appeared a few hundred feet away. He saw what I was doing and took a leak, then disappeared. It was BEAUTIFUL!

:lol:

Ha, that's funny Butch:D
I often think why I and the wolves were so calm on that day we met.
But I know from experience when I drop 60 ft to 100 ft tall spruce all day long and got a sharp noisey Stihl 064 by my side I'm pretty damn confident. With them on the trail of a moose for the kill.....everything is equal.

Last night I watched a fascinating PBS program on the hybrid coywolf. Mostly in Ontario. Anybody else see it? I hadn't heard of a coywolf before.

There was a lady killed by a coywolf in New Brunswick a few years ago. Different breed of wolf being very aggressive as the New Brunswick lady found out. Wolves killing people is a very rare thing to happen.

Back