The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
Well, now you have:)

Pete, I bet that made Bear happy.
My first vet told me: " Best thing you can buy for your dog is another dog".
I've been following that advice since.

Stig I followed that advice to much....and now I have four. Two of which are brothers from the same litter(new little guys). I can say with authority, it's to many dogs. They are happy but the four of them spend a good amount of time in the kennel together so they see themselves as a bit of a pack. Lucky for me the leader of that pack is now Tanky the rotty looking big guy and he just worships me to death. Lol. Thunder the all black big guy was always the leader but now he only dominates food and cant be bothered with the rest.

The 'kennel' is the size of a small yard so it's a decent place for them to basically wreak havoc and to manage four dogs it's handy. Like right now they're in for breakfast so they'll all eat and probably sh-t in there too. I get asked all the time if the little guys are safe in there. Never has there been a worse injury then a tail smacking or getting stepped in for either of the little guys Horton and Buckles, becoming known as Horto and The Buckler.
image.jpg

Right you are, Justin.
Want to avoid that "pack" tendency for sure.

That is why I always advice people to not get two puppies at the same time, unless they are very used to training dogs.
It'll be puppy pack against the rest of the world for sure, and end up being 5 times the work of getting one dog, training it, and letting it train the next one.

The reason I'm getting a new one now is that I want to take advantage of Sam.
Once he gets too old to pass his knowledge on, it'll be up to me.
I like to delegate stuff like that.

My guess would be that it is the safest place on earth for the lil' ones.
Mess with them and get mauled by the big buddies.

Not a great pic, I was driving at the time! Charlie loves the wind in her ears whilst sniffing the countryside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 26
The little ones will get the big fellas into all sorts of trouble I bet. Always seems to be the way :)

The big fellas never get into trouble except for peeing on my truck. Pisses me off to no end. They are super well behaved and attentive. Those young bastards will be bounding through a field in no time if you aren't paying attention. The white one is getting it a bit, but the darker little guy is in his own universe it seems at times. The big fellas have never left my property without permission.

Fun but yes two pups as full brothers is a hell of a handful. Training has been much slower and more difficult even with two old soldiers to help out.

Not a great pic, I was driving at the time! Charlie loves the wind in her ears whilst sniffing the countryside.

I sure miss having my little guy travelling with me. Both Koda(young new guy run over last winter) and Romeo(had for 13 years) used to hang out the window like that. This is Koda. He was rapidly turning into a super cool little guy, travelled super well, I could take him plowing for a eight hr shift like nothing and he'd just chill. Real little machismo guy.

View attachment 71962

Thanks Randy!
He's still a pup, but gradually turning into a pretty decent dog.
Been getting a kick out of him lately...his voice has been changing...couple of days ago he found out he could howl, and he gave a big low bark yesterday that stopped him in his own tracks :lol: sounded like it came from something twice his size. All in all he's very quiet and well behaved though (except for "playtime" of course.;)

Otis is the first dog I've had that cares nothing for having his head out the window when riding. He loves to ride, but prefers the center of the vehicle...weird.

Justin...couldn't view your attachment...

Trust Fall, Watson!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZokX7nTVmpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

LOL!

X0U0WKK.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/re76yiu4FsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As well you should be.
Go for it.

Then we'll both be raising pups at the same time.

I'll read Marx to mine, You can Read Ayn Rand to yours and we'll see how they turn out.

Went and picked up the new pup today.
I must say he takes to country living well.
Interested in everything, not afraid of anything.

Be one tired puppy by tonight:)

P1040716.JPG P1040710.JPG P1040720.JPG P1040725.JPG

Back