The MS150 Has Arrived

Well I got my ms 150 and I love it so far!!

I did the muffler mod and it seems great.

I used it in a structural prune of a red maple and it was so awesome, light, and surprisingly powerful.

Thanks for the guidance and honest reviews.

To boot I got it from an amish saw shop for 425 brand new and traded in some other saws.

SK, you will continue to luv that Lil' squirt everytime u climb...I still do...

My baby saw was suddenly acting a few days ago. She stayed at almost full speed at the end of a small cut, not slowing down at all. Then, the same straight from each start, without a bit of idling, no loss of power in the wood. I though of an air leak or a gas starvation, but that didn't match on all the points.
What a pain to go back full time with the ms200T !
A buddy said he had the same problem with his ms150T, so I spend some hours in the forums to search an eventual thread on this problem. But no luck. So I put my nose in it.
Actually, a small chunk of bark managed to sneak in the carb's chamber and got jammed between the LA screw and the throttle lever !
I'm happy that it was only that \\:D/

I have that problem when I put on a new pair of those rubber palmed gloves. For some reason the fresh rubber gets stuck between the trigger and the handle. After a few cuts I must wear it out enough to solve the issue.
Only on the 200tor 201 tc. I do not own a 150. Yet.

Glad it was a simple fix!
With the little saw, everything is little, so I reckon maintenance is a bit more important to keep it running just so.

I was reading some stuff on the 150 to keep a eye on posted by a stihl tech in the know that I trust.
Will see if I can find it to repost here.

Ms150's be multiplying. Now I have one with a 8", 10", and 12" bar. :headbang:
I picked up a third yesterday so I can practice juggling them.

My 150 started playing up this week, the stop switch was only working intermittently, thinking it was the wiring in the handle I took it apart to have a look, nothing wrong found inside, i ended up taking the clutch off to look under the plastics, it was then I noticed a screw under the plastic that was loose, I tightened it up put the saw back together and all was fine.

You can't see it but the earth must go to that screw, just a heads up incase anybody suffers the same type of problem.

I believe that in Great Britain, in the work-place, the top-handle saws are only allowed to be used when in an elevated situation, i.e. in a bucket or in a tree, etc. On the ground only rear handled saws are allowed to be used. The issue, as I understand it, is that with the top-handle saw there is not as much control in the event of kick-back. Apparently the rear handle saws provide more leverage. Now I may be just be talking through the holes in my Vertex Vent helmet.

That sounds about right for Great Brittain, apparently they also need a license just to haul mulch. I would just have assumed there wouldn't be a market for it as a rear handle, theres obviously a niche demand that I'm ignorant of.

I didn't realise there was a rear handle. This will sound very ignorant but, whats the point in the rear handle existing?

When Working hours upon hours full time with a saw why wouldn't I want an extremely light fast cutting saw? I can carve all day long and my wrists and shoulder have no fatigue at all. A top handle saw is senseless for work on the ground when you have two hands available.

Any where an awesome light saw can be used ? Trimming, pruning and generally cutting small stuff? Orchard work? Carving turkey? Surgery? You're not going to get precise cuts that are any better than what you can achieve with this saw. There's much more control with a real handle vs. the goofy awkward stance of having both hands almost touching each other when runnin a top handle saw(two handed).

The only time you've ever run a saw was when you're up in a tree? You don't ever use a saw on the ground ?

Are you taking the piss? A 150 as a dedicated ground saw in commercial tree work is gonna slow down production to the point of losing money. I'm sure its fine for orchards/vineyards, homeowners, wood carvers and the like.

I use my 150t a lot for orchard pruning,(while on the ground...naughty me) as does the owner of the commercial cherry orchard down the road from us.
My mate who is a full time chainsaw carver would love one of the rear handled versions, the top handle has your hands too close for all the precision work he has to do.

Back