The MS150 Has Arrived

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet you're right brother. :)

Hey, I'm having a GTG at my place on Dec 3rd. Lots of saw nuts are gonna be there. We're even gonna cook a pig. Everyone is invited.

Hey All,

After reading this whole thread for a couple of days now lol, I think I am going to buy a 150.

How is everyone still liking them? I bought the new husky I think its a 435 its such junk.

Im a husky guy but reading all the reviews of this gets me excited.

What size bar is the best in your opinions?

Thanks,

Kyle

I own 2 150's Kyle, best pruning saw ever!!!

I own three 150's. Great little saw for pruning and more. I have had good luck with the 12" bar and skinny chain that came on them.

Ms150's and 536lixp's are both awesome little saws. I don't care for the 536 at all with the 3/8 chain. All mine run the mini 1/4". Nowadays I use the battery saws more often than the 150's. Just so easy ...pick it up and pull the trigger. My sore shoulder thanks me.
...the 150 is a couple pounds lighter though, but the 536 is still a very comfortable saw to work long hours with.

I will own a second 150 here soon. Love the one I have. I'll strip a whole pine out, top it with the little bugger. Good on fuel too. Once I get into 8-10 inch wood, just hand me the 200T, or the 044 depending on the taper. Great little saw.

Wow seems like everyone loves them for what they are.

I read on stihl website people were complaining about it not oiling, any problems with that?

I just cant stop thinking about the weight factor!!

Thanks!!

I've never had any problems with that.
Americans love to bitch about Stihl saws not oiling well.
Never heard that from Europeans.

No oiling problems on mine

Edit....I forgot early on I had to replace an oil line because it completely stopped oiling.

Mine oils fine. The weak points are....
Stop switch.... Probably easy fix if I took the time. I think the contact is either gummed up or something. Works sometimes.
Nose sprocket on the bar. Weak point. But once it goes, chain is bent as well. Never have used up the teeth
On the chain yet and I am on number 3 set. And no, not because I ran it too tight. Truth is, they need to run a little loose like a power pruner.

The nose's sprocket is the weak point of the bar. The aluminum central rivet wears, the sides spread and the bearing looses its balls.
The kill switch had a problem but it was the wire cut at the knuckle.
The canola oil tends to clog the tiny pump time to time. But the main point for me with the oiling problem is that the saw dust clogs the oiling hole of the bar. Same with the 200T. Actually, I don't like to run full speed, I guess that's why. I have to run at WOT a few seconds and the oil flow washes out the dust plug. Aside that, it does oil perfectly well, with a good flow for its size.
10" bar, and it isn't afraid to cut fully buried in hard wood. Awsome.

This little saw is a beast, I love it. The ms200T works a lot less since I have the baby saw.

If youre wearing out nose sprockets just install a more durable bar. You're wrist may get a little sore with the top handle version 150 though:)

I would love to see one in a 440, 32" bar, full skip... what a great light weight chunking down big pines saw

I've had the oil feed pipe fall off on mine and a colleagues saw and a blocked pump on another's saw, all easy fixes, I've modded mine and the other two and we all love those little saws, the 200t's now seem weighty and cumbersome by comparison.

I have two, I have had some oiling issues now and then on the US bought saw, rinsed out the oil tank with gas and all was well.
I am still in love with them, 12" bar, run the chain a tad loose, drill out the muffler recess and you'll be leaving your 200 on the ground most of the time for an average days work of pruning reductions and medium removals.

Back