The MS150 Has Arrived

It's actually quite necessary to run these narrow nosed carving bars with the chain sagging a bit.....otherwise the tip will burn up and the chain will seize up on the bar. Everything lasts longer and the chain stays on the bar just fine once the saw is buzzing. I've been at this 20 years and Ive always run all my little carving bars this way with no problems. All chainsaw carvers (who know what they're doing) run their carving chains this way:)

Fine looking carvings...just what I wanted to see...serious talent...thanks.

Good tip on chain tension for small saw.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Chainsaw! What's your first name? Mine's Butch.

Make yourself at home! :beer:

Sweet carvings! :thumbup:

Interesting about the chain tension I noticed right away with the 150 that tightening it like I would any other saw, I got burrs on the nose of the bar real quick, so I second running it a bit looser than what I`m used to...however, it was too loose the other day and I broke the chain.

Carving bars with the tiny noses have no sprocket and bearings in them ,just chain running on a stellite reinforced surface. You'd have way too much friction if you tensioned the chain as you would normally with a regular sprocket nose bar.

For the uneducated about chainsaw carving check out us Agassiz sculptors on our website here in Manitoba.

www.chainsawcarve.ca

Hey Chainsaw, good to see you here! Maybe a lot out of your field, but probably enough interesting. im glad you came by to check it out. Any thoughts on the Yeti? Lol

Hey Bud:)...whassup! That big Yeti XL looks like a sloppy expensive mess. Axial stuff is all junk unless you replace every little bit with after market stuff:)....my Wraith has almost zero original parts.

.......the rest of these guys have no clue what were talking about:P

Hey Bud:)...whassup! That big Yeti XL looks like a sloppy expensive mess. Axial stuff is all junk unless you replace every little bit with after market stuff:)....my Wraith has almost zero original parts.

.......the rest of these guys have no clue what were talking about:P

Cool avatar! :beer:

Has anybody else noticed their 150 `burping` a lot of bar oil? Mine literally runs out from under the chain, I notice it when I unclip it from my harness, lots of oil has run over the bar.

Yup they do oil heavily. I wish the oilers were adjustable . But I use canola oil ....which is quite abit thinner than regular bar oil. an adjustable oiler would mean extra weight on the saw....it looks like stihl did everything they could to keep this saw as light/small as possible.
I don't find that the 150s drip any more oil than other saws when not running though.

Well I finally got around to taking off the muffler and drilling out the exit hole...WOW what a difference!
Night and day.

I also got given a copy of ArborAge magazine, there is a calendar inside with a picture of a tree guy dismantling a dead pine...using a 150! Gotta love it.

Has anybody else noticed their 150 `burping` a lot of bar oil?...

With the 150's micro sized bar and chain, you really need to clean everything much more often than other saws. If oil is running out the side cover, things are most likely blocked.

I still can't believe how much this little mighty mite can do.

I have no experience with that saw or that tiny chain it has. But I would think those tiny drive links would be working hard to capacity keeping the bar's oil hole clear along with distributing the oil.
I suggest clean the bar rails, oil hole and bar pad every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm taking off the whole month of April to finish the new shop.

Ass deep?

Oh yeah.......shipped nine powerheads today. Normally shipping twice a week now.

Back