The MS150 Has Arrived

I absolutely love mine, had it a long time now and it just gets better. Maximalist, sorry I don't have a picture but will get one tomorrow. I just drilled a 10mm hole in the outer skin. Works a treat, I didn't even have to retune, just did a few cuts, checked the plug and left it at that.

Well, I managed to break a chain today...I had fitted a new one because SOMEONE had USED it for the hurricane, to cut his way into his Mum's yard...allegedly an emergency, but sheesh pick up my newest saw, and the smallest one, and NOT be a chainsaw user...

The bar was burnt and full of burrs, the chain was dull, I didn't have a file so I just swapped it out for a new one after cleaning up the bar...so it was running a little slack I was up the tree, thought it would be ok, went to cut a splintered branch and PING, the chain broke a rivet and came flying off. Never actuall broken a chain before...first time

This saw is not stocked here so I have to get stuff Fed-Ex'd in...at least the user is going to pay for a new bar and chain...

Grrrr...they used my new 150 AND my 200t, chain on 200 is finished...

Bummer!

I had a new chain pop on me last week. One of the rivets came off and there went the chain. I should take it back really as there is no damage whatsoever to the chain.

They do feel so flimsy though.

I was researching this saw a few months ago and found some good input on this site. I bought one and loved it SOO much that I snagged a second one about two weeks later:). Both rear handled versions. I have been carving with saws for almost 20 years.....and I don't know how I have gotten by without this saw for all these years. Makes all my small work and details 200% easier. Way easier on my arms and the little chain cuts soo smooth with such little resistance. I could probably use one saw in each hand and get my work done in half the time:)

Hey ...wow!! Thanks for the compliments guys:) I'll post a few more pics up soon....I'm actually out in my shop varnishing some stuff at the moment.

5868FA79-352F-40A3-A234-95824EF9DC97.jpg

Here's a few small carvings that i used the little ms150 for. The little red cedar bear and owl were made completely with the 150's(except for sanders/die grinders). The wolf carving i did earlier today and is made from red oak......the first few cuts were with a bigger saw, but about 90% of the time in to it was with the ms150. It still needs details with electric tools and finishing.

The dime tip Cannon bar in the picture is the same .043 width as the stock bar....and runs the same chain as well. Same # of drive links too.

Back