TCIA

I'm intrigued by that. Surprised. I despise the better business bureau and feel they are a useless steaming pile of shit. You're the first person I've met who says they've been beneficial to their business. Tell me more.

If it is a tool to help make me more money, I am all for it. I have people that have looked me up through the BBB and contacted me for work. Usually they are not shopping. The amount of the three year membership has already paid for itself and then some in less than 6 monthes. What I have learned is consumers all search through different avenues to find service. Some people only look through the BBB, some only look through Angies List, some only use google, some only use word of mouth, etc. If anything I may drop the phone book, as I think (for me) it makes me the least amount of money. Most of them are shoppers and cost me money.

I found the BBB to be a scam. I got one call for work from them in three years and that was a nightmare job in the ghetto of Milwaukee on a busy ass street with so much dog shat it was a layer over the ground. Then all the sales calls (insert smily with gun to head). I really liked the one about advertising on a digital bill board along the freeway for $700 a month and a grand total of 3.24 minuts worth of ad time over that month, awesome just awesome.
I am not a TCIA member but I do get their mag for free.

It's a minimum of about $500 for annual TcIA dues, and is based on company size (both employees and sales volume), Being small, I didn't renew either. I would if we were larger, just for the added credibility....

I am thinking of advertising with Angie's list....I know a couple of local companies that it works well for.

I dropped the BBB as well, mainly as work was slow and I wanted to save $. I know they are a for profit organization, but now and then, someone will call for a bid based on the BBB listing.

Back