TCIA EHAP

Husabud

TreeHouser
Opportunity is a knockin, maybe. I had two of us signed up for TCIA EHAP course but my guy Messed up his shoulder and cannot go. It is in Portsmouth ,Nh tomorrow 8:30-4:30. If any body wants to join me let me know. I missed my first opportunity and will not miss this. Wish I had known sooner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The jet is probably in Manchester at7:00. Call me when you land I'll pick you up.

If I wasn't working tomorrow I'd totally take you up on it. You're gonna be up early to make Manchester by 8:30 from down there :)

I had the training in 91 when I was in Boulder. I don't imagine much has changed. Current is still current.

Yeah Adam, I figure 5:30.

lol

Was it that bad? Did you learn anything new? Maybe where to find a good cup coffee in portsmouth?

Wasnt that bad, just repetitious. Most of the vids shown were the same ones from 91. The instructor was ok but breaks were a little long. I guess a few things were new, but not much. LikeNick said, that shit is Hella Dangerous.

Dave Hawkins. He did a decent job, I was just expecting more I guess. I thought I would be walking out with some sort of cert. However the Cert doesn't come until I renew my CPR/First Aid and get a documente Aerial rescue under my belt. Aerial Rescue around here is like snow in July.
Don't get me wrong, any training from a competent instructor is good training. Whether it is refresher or not. The worst part for me was the 16 hr day.

Dave is a good dude, he used to have my job. I'm surprised he didn't do an aerial rescue component with the workshop. I actually did the climbing AR part for him a couple of times when we did the EHAP through the Mass Tree Wardens. I'm sure you could run your own or get a few local companies together and get it done ezpz.

He did show TCIAs AR vid, but that was it. He also mentioned that since the program was paid for by a grant he was limited to what he could do. That may have been the hold back. He seemed like a real nice guy.

Back