Super Splitter

I did pretty good with firewood. Was averaging 225 a cord. Got really bored with it. It was either invest a bit more money or look for alternatives. Found a guy that would buy trailer loads of oak logs for 150-200. Problem solved!!

I would still like to get a tw-6 splitter though. For personal use really.

Over is better than under on a cord.

And to short is better than to long on length.

.........of firewood that is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$200-$285 here. I'd sell on the low end, just to move it. Again, not looking to get into the firewood business, just looking to make a buck on wood I got paid to haul, work on rainy days, and heat my house. Sending the check for the SS tomorrow, still have to pick up my conveyor at some point. Will update.

So are those real cords or face cord prices?

Up here it's 4x8x8. $150 cut,split, delivered.

I do no firewood for resale. At all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
128cufeet squish. That's a cord where we come from.

I've thought it, Scott. Will probably do more next year as i need to know how many cords I'll burn myself before I start selling off. Can probably get 85-100/ cord for log length. Less work too.

Your right Squish and yes.. 4X4X8 split and delivered.. And you can stack my cord anyway you want to and end up with more than a cord.. ;)
Weights and Measures has a lot to say about ripping people off with cord wood.
Same as your Brendon... If I don't feel like taking a day off in the rain, I can drop a couple notes of wood off on someone and not call the day a loss. Go home, dry out, and enjoy the rest of my day ;)
Rainy day bank account. Good fill in's for canceled jobs as well...

You can see how here firewood isn't even worth starting the chainsaw for, let alone splitting it.

Ahh yes 4x4x8. Sorry not 4x8x8

I used to do pretty good on firewood, $125 a face, $300 for three face, what I sell as a cord because my wood averages 18" lengths, not 24".
The last couple of years everybody and their brother is unemployed and got a chainsaw for Christmas, so they are a firewood seller now! They are doing everything they can to undercut each other, I've seen Oak delivered for $65 a face just to beat the last guys price! If a customer calls me wanting some, I go buy it and add $35 for delivery. I can't see how any of the can even break even with these prices, it's not worth the effort right now for me.

Andy, I did the exact thing last year for a customer that would not leave me alone about firewood. Guys around here are busting each others ass for 45-50 bucks for a truck load. Cut split and delivered the same day!!

You can see how here firewood isn't even worth starting the chainsaw for, let alone splitting it.

Ahh yes 4x4x8. Sorry not 4x8x8

Your local price would equate to the same as here, about £100 a cord (2 x 6 x 10)

Plenty of guys do very nicely out of it. I have friends who will cut, split and deliver a load in an hour.

There's no money in firewood here. $150/cord here tops for nice well seasoned wood. That's a real cord though, not what you easterners try and pass a cord by as. Lol.
A cord's a cord same same and about the same price .

Most tree services that firewood just do so to get rid of the wood plus provide some cash during the lean winter months .

FWIW TW is just about the only company honest enough to publish the true tonnage rating of their machinery .The very idea that some others have the balls to say a 4" cylinder with a 3000 psi pump and a 2300 psi relief could produce 27 tons is outlandish plus just plain not true .TW rates their 5 inch cylinders at around 22 tons .

Birch is $180 a face cord here, which is in the $400 ballpark for a full cord.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Firewood is $100/facecord delivered in the Buffalo area. Ash, Oak, Hickory, Maple. Cherry goes for $120.

I remember the first time I cut some dead Cherry and was anticipating what great firewood I had. Highly disappointed. I guess it makes nice fireplace wood. Sure isn't great in a stove.

really? The cherry wood here is good for the smoker, my pops in law has a standing order with me for any fruit tree wood I can get him.

I think Willie and I know I would most certainly agree with your dad Paul. Should go prune that old apple down at the shack in January for next year to have on hand next to my BBQ pit.

I used to really enjoy orange wood as well. Had a never ending supply of that when I was just out of high school and renting a guest house at my Grandma's Orange orchard :) Sure made for a good steak. Has to be really really dry though.

not much chance of enough citrus wood anywhere near here to start a fire, much less fuel one. lol
Speaking of firewood, I once bought some little kindling sticks of something called Carolina Fat Wood,, I think it was a very resinous Pine, anyone heard of it?

Back