Stein Arbor-Trolley

I moved this load on flat grass by my self.

gy7asu9e.jpg

jyqy7e9e.jpg

There could almost be a third smaller wheel up front. :drink:

Modding it with a pinned-on swivel caster would be sweet. It should be an accessory, IMO. They'd do the R and D to get the right wheel in the right place. I'm envisioning getting a lot of use out of a fully loaded AT, with a third wheel, and get my capstan to work.

I climbed for a guy today, who would of loved an at.

Im giggling inside as they drag six medium size trees from the other side of this mcmansion , across the front lawn, to the driveway where the chipper is. Guessing this would of saved him about well over an hour and a half, probably more in reality.

For some reason i forgot to tell him about it though. Musta slipped my mind. :/:

I agree on the wheel, a nice fat swivel castor would probably be awesome.

NIce one Bonner.
Mine was stacked high with Sycamore all day today in the rain.
No debris between the drop zone and the chipper, unlike hand dragging where you would spend half an hour raking at the end of the job.

Thanks Nick for all the videos! I would imagine overall this is going to be a great tool to use. I think wider wheels would be good for my location due to living in the swamp!

If I have a job/jobs that calls for the AT and pays it off along with profit I will buy before then. Job tomorrow 90' pine, aprox. 30" diameter within 6' of garage/party room South side, North Side 6' to new fence, West side 10' to new fence as well, East side will be landing zone aprox. 16' by 16' driveway backs up to this area. Looking at job tomorrow tree in backyard with access for truck and trailer.

I could see a caster like what's on zero turn mowers working realy well! I'm sold all but living in soft sand like MIT a wider tire would be necessary.

What would it take to make a dual wheel mod? Swivel caster mod? I'm definitely wanting a caster, before its even in my hands. Next coupla days and I should see the box!!

Im sure you could replace the axle or get some wheels without wheelbarrow spacers. I think a dually model has merits. I think a caster would only help with mechanized pulling.

I dont know... I think the key is balancing the load. If you are unable to balance the load then yes a caster might save the effort of holding the handle up or down, depending on the direction of unbalance. With a caster up front you would have to shift the load forward, which would put a good portion of the load on the caster. I think ultimately it would limit the mobility.

Im sure Reg had to experiment with it, since its everyones first 'improvement' they want to make... I dont know. Duane thinks it needs a caster too.

Back