Should we be worried??

One good thing about not having procreated is one can be pretty selfish about the future of the planet.
I really don't give much of a damn.
I've had a good run, it was bound to end eventually, one way or the other.

People go through a lot of misery and expense to stay alive by fighting life threatening illness. There must be something to it. I figure that if we feel that way now, it will probably be the same for future generations.

One good thing about not having procreated is one can be pretty selfish about the future of the planet.
I really don't give much of a damn.
I've had a good run, it was bound to end eventually, one way or the other.
Yeah, having kids makes one really look further ahead. It's a worry some thing.
Not that I don't care for my fellows... Hope the best for them. Even though the species seems hell bent on self importance and extinction.

I don't know. . . It's pretty amazing that we made it from the 50's through to the 90's without destroying our civilization.

I often think about that. How in a universe that is vast beyond comprehension there must also be civilizations beyond counting, and how many of those civilizations would have destroyed themselves during their technological awakening. . . I'd say we are 1 in 1000 lucky to be here having this discussion. I feel we're through the worst of it, and our luck will likely hold.

Cheers.

MasterBlaster do you listen to Joe Rogan's podcast? He has had several guests that have said the same thing.

Our moon and Mars offers chance for settlement, but neither one would be as comfy as little house on the prairie. Outside of this solar system human settlement is only theoretical: given our present technology. But technology is increasing at an ever faster rate every day. It certainly leaves a lot to wonder.

I like to think the children born today could be mining the asteroid belt, and building things we can hardly imagine out in zero gravity. We'll get out there eventually Butch.

Does it matter if we survive as a species? Are we going to be the cure for some strange alien disease? The extremely small percentage of the planet that could make it off, will still be short-sighted humans, as its part of our nature. Lazy or greedy...someway of screwing the space pooch.

Back