Saw Storage - Decompression Button Question

I would assume it could be drilled and tapped into an older one if you really wanted to. But I doubt it's a very common thing to do or have done.

I've been using the compression release for a kill switch on my 026 pro for the last 5 years.

Or maybe a completely clear-eyed understanding of my friend to the North's shortcomings as a human being...maybe :D.

Shortcomings........ha now I know you're off your rocker.

I'd give ya a kick in the ass for that.............while you were bent over starting your saw with your foot on the handle. :O

:lol:

I don't start my big saws that way...I have a valet do them for me, a stout fellow of middling talent, brought him down from central BC a few years back. Washes my Jaguar in between saw tending tasks. Maybe you're acquainted??

:P
;)

My 090 G has a decomp on the top of the saw that is on a spring. You have to keep your finger on the button pushing in when pulling the starter rope. It must be the model especially made for Canadians to drop start. ;)

I think that generally speaking, you can overcome kick or what you call it, by first pulling the starter rope out until it engages the piston, then a powerful fast pull utilising as much rope as you can. Emphasis on powerful. My impression is that it overpowers the tendency to kick. Pulling somewhat weak or hesitatingly or too slow lets the saw have a chance to bite. It seems to work well on my over 100cc Stihl without a button. It sounds simple, but it took me awhile to learn that, showing it who is boss. Best have the saw on the ground anchored by your foot to succeed.
This is normal starting. Nothing special or odd about it.
What is dangerous is when this fail and you pull a saw that stop turning or want to go in other direction than you pull.
This is a common occurrence for a chainsaw daemon trainer, as that is when you guy's who know how to start saws can't start them.
I usually don't get to see them when all is OK.

If you have a big saw 150cc plus, a couple slow turns before a jank with authority will help. Or foot/kick if it is foot/kickstarted.
Worst saw I have to pull over is a Werus Faun B. It is horrible to start. A guy I know lifted saw with me standing on it. I am not a feather weight and saw is not a 020.
He is not a weak guy by any means.

A4.jpg

And yes, it is wire, not rope in pull start.

Ive seen some of the choice pieces, it is amazing!

You are both welcome here anytime! I have or will find place for you to stay a couple day's. You will need it...

The museum I built is worth a look as well. http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=25300
It has Husqvarna theme now, but will be Jonsered after summer.
I am trying to set up a chainsaw day there in end of may. With all aspects and stuff regarding chainsaws represented.

Magnus, do you have fire insurance? I had an electrical fire in my shop recently, happened when i stepped out for a fem minutes. I rushed in and saved the place but there was loss, including my barely used 880. Saws can burn up! With a hose, hitting one on fire that has gas in it and the cap has melted is not a good thing at all, I learned. Like the fourth of July!

Ive seen some of the choice pieces, it is amazing!
This was in Elmia woods last time we met, before that in Gaested, if memory serv me correct.

I would like it very much to show more when ever it is possible.
Here it is hard as there is a thousand saws in a very little area, but in museum it is a lot easier to see!

Back