Running

Well..... for the first time in 32 years of running races I started a race and couldn't finish it!! The course was super brutal. Only 9 people were able to complete the course out of 40. I dropped out at 42 miles right on the time cutoff. I love challenges and this one proved to be too great. There was a man in the race that has finished 130 races at the 100 mile distance and he had to drop out!!! I feel satisfied with the outcome and I guess it just wasn't meant to be..... Thanks for your support everyone. My next race is a 50 miler in April in the same area. Then a 62 miler in August up in Oregon. My plan is for these to be my final two races of those big effort distances. Then I'll just stick to Marathons or shorter:)

I was talking to a customer of mine in Louisiana that is training for a 126 miler. He was explaining the whole mass balance thing and art of balancing intake on such a journey. Too little and you are screwed, too much and you are screwed. He was saying he has done 60 milers no problem yet has also hit a wall at 20 miles too by screwing up this balance. Inspiring to talk to someone who does a 20 miler on Saturday and then a 30 on Sunday all in the name of training.

Me, I am a wuss. I am stoked by my 8 miler this week. I find the 1st 4 difficult but by the 2nd 4, my mind is in a free place and the miles seem to run themselves.

It seems like an art and science.

Went for my first run today in nearly 8 years. Only a couple miles, but it gave me something to do to beat the boredom.

Now the test is to see if I will get it in a routine.

Good luck Carl. My wife could run the paws off a Greyhound. Me, if nothing's chasing me I'm not running.

Knocked out my third run today. A couple sources suggest I'm burning around 470-480 calories per run. Thus far the suck I was expecting hasn't showed up, for which I am grateful.

124' of elevation gain on this route. Pretty sure if it weren't for the river hill back to my apartment, I would be at or under 20 minutes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351105095.411371.jpg

For whatever reason, I thought you were Jay, and thus called you that in my reply. Noticed my error today and fixed it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ahhhh-sooo

I pulled a hamstring last weekend during a 5k and I'm still having trouble walking normal! It was my own fault, I hadn't run in two weeks and pushed a little bit too hard...

Naruhodo...(now I get it)

You had me confused too, Carl, but I just figured it was the sudden release of dopeamine into your system after the exercise.

Talk about racing flats, I've been digging the Nike Zoom Waffle Racers. Plus if you get last year's model, you can find them for about $24. Sweet!

Back