Rule Number One (Climber Down)

Wow Our previous tennants drove way newer cars than ours, had all the newest fancy electronics and furniture, and were on government assistance (food stamps). Now here's a guy out there trying to make an honest living, gets hurt and is left out in the cold.

If we weren't so far away I'd offer our spare room, its got a tv and my wife is a pretty good cook. .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AFAIK, Jim applied immediately for everything he could. Kick in the balls I tell ya.

Thanks Sean.

Raffle time! Here's how its gonna work guys. $10 for one ticket, $30 for 4 tickets, and $50 for 5 plus a ticket into the extras drawing. If you've already donated on the gofundme page, please mssg me your contact information. You will be added to the raffle for your generous donation. For everyone else looking to donate, there are three ways. Either donate on the GoFundMe page (http://www.gofundme.com/SupportJimmyMCA) and BE SURE to msg me your contact info. Or, if you prefer paypal, send it too me at rangerdanger@twc.com. I'll get it transferred over to Jimmy. Finally, if you prefer snail mail, you're more then welcome to msg me asking for my address and I'll supply it and you can mail checks in that way.

Again, and I can't stress this enough. MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION!!!! If your name is pulled and I can't figure out a way to contact you, we will pull another name. So whether its Facebook, Email, Phone, whatever, give me something to contact you by so we can notify you if you win.

Prizes:

3/4” large ABR thimble saver, 5’ long
5/8” 15’ long dead eye sling

150’ climb line with tight eye
30” HRC Hitch Cord
24” Super Smooth Friction Saver

14’ long CE style lanyard with 26” HRC hitch cord and DMM hardware
25’ basal anchor sling with CT rigging plate

5’ adjustable friction saver with DMM rings
28” HRC Hitch Cord

9/16” small ABR thimble saver, 3’ long
1/2” 2’-5’ adjustable loopie

Other Prizes

Matt Cornell Rope Saddle

$150 TreeStuff Gift Certificate

$50 TreeStuff Gift Certificate and Petzl Vertex Best Helmet

Hitch Hiker 2 and Sidewinder

SAKA Knee Ascender
I missed when the drawing is going to be held, and wanted to bump this post.

I am not going to get started on the profits of insurance companies.

Sean, I would think maybe a month out to make sure everybody has the opportunity to get tickets. Ultimately it's up to Adrian who is MIA at JAMBO.

Thanks everyone for your continued support! You all are a huge part of the community of people that have really kept my spirits as high as possible. Ever since I woke up and realized what happened, I've had every intention on climbing and working again. Never a doubt. But I can say that if I did have doubts, this support would give me the desire, confidence and drive to get back in the canopy. Besides the politics of it all, I'm okay with being home. In fact, a fellow arborist had a family member pull a couple strings to get me vna assistance for the rest of the month. Just incredible. And I'm not supposed to do real PT for another four to six weeks, so by that time I'll have coverage for outpatient programs. I'm moving around well, and pretty comfortable where I'm at. Things are looking up and I'm gonna take it slow, but I am looking forward to healing up! It looks like the timing will all work out pretty good. I want to thank Sean for mentioning the meal idea. It looks like a friend is getting that setup for me. She said people were thankful because it gave them am opportunity to help me on a more personal level. Plus I'm a lousy cook, so now I might be looking at more than tuna sandwiches and frozen pizzas! Thanks again everyone, I'll try to be more involved as my life returns to a somewhat normal schedule. Oh yeah, best news of the week, they didn't cut my Treemotion to get me out of it! Checked it out earlier, she'll be ready to rock when I am!

Jimmy if you are ever interested in some gentle PT you can do for yourself I would be happy to tell you more about Somatics. It is basicly what cats and dogs do anytime they get up to move. (It looks like stretching but, actually is taking a muscle through full range of motion and then conscious release.) Without it I am about 5 days away from not working at any given time.

Hang tough Jimmy, I hate to hear about the hospital bit. You sound like an overcomer, I'm betting on you. For those that haven't donated, don't be skeerd, it could've been you.

Jimmy, the Somatics is available used, online, cheap. I bought it at Merle's suggestion, but haven't gotten to it, yet.

Good nutrition and hydration are things that can help your healing. Ask your medical people about how much calcium you should get for healing bones, etc, etc. I forget if calcium help iron absorption, or the other way around. Cooking green leafy vegetables in a cast iron skillet is supposed to help the Ca absorption, or something...Google knows. We all know dairy is high calcium, but some don't go for it.

A friend didn't get enough calcium with a chip off his thumb at the point of tendon attachment, and it didn't heal in 6 weeks, as predicted. Vegetarian diet, doing backpacking field work.

Best of luck with recovery.

Now if only there was www.cleanmybathroomforme.com:lol:

You have probably heard about those campaigns for pennies from a ton of people adding up.

$5 here and there adds up!

You guys still have a chance to donate and get in on the raffle if you haven't already! I know many TreeHouser's have, I've received many private messages. If I haven't responded, don't worry, I have you down! I just haven't had time to respond to everyone. Thanks again for all the support here guys, lets keep it going a few more days for Jimmy!

Guys thank you so much! Every little bit definitely helps and I want to give my sincere gratitude to everyone that has been helping me through this. I'm feeling great and really starting to move around well. And of equal importance, my mind is in the right place mostly because of the support, generosity and encouragement of all you guys and many others! Thanks again.

One day left before the raffle. Thank you to everyone that has contributed.

Back