Ropetek Hitch Hiker

I'd be hard pressed to know if that was meant as a compliment or not. Russians make great nuclear warheads, but also crappy cars.

The Rec Climber's Rendezvous IS an annual thing, but it goes to different locations every year. Next year it is in GA.

It was neat to see climbers swooning over the HH. They could tell it was good. Can't wait to climb on it myself! I was feeling quite under the weather, so didn't take the time to hop on the one Pat had, but I can tell it's good stuff!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got the break test results back from Yale, Im guessing they should be strong enough to hold most folks....... They break at about 11000 lbs....:D

That's crazy strong, nice! It must be cool to have a job where you get to break stuff with 11000+ lbs.

Oldmilltreecare, smart move! Let us know what you think once you have had a run on rope.

Dave

Hi, I have a question...what's the difference between the regular HH and the HH2? Thanks!!!
Just got mine late yesterday and have only had a small play with it in the house. WOW, what an ingenious tool! The feel on the rope is rock solid with no tether to flop around. As there is nothing above or around the hitch, it feels as natural as can be and should be an easy transition for anyone with hitch experience looking to use SRT work positioning.

I will be field-testing the Hitch Hiker ( great name ) ASAP. These are exciting times for tree climbers.

Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HH2 is slightly more compact and lighter and has a more durable finish, other than that they are functionally the same.

I was wondering what your thoughts would be on this as well. I can appreciate their innovation but they should've worked with the proprietor instead of someone else.

I was hoping they had spoken to Paul about this. I like the idea as it could be expanded upon for a pulley. But I am sure Paul has the unit set up the way he saw fit after trying many things.

Back