Ropetek Hitch Hiker

If you could somehow ship via the US senate or house of reps buildings.... I don't think those places are anywhere in the states. Sad.

Nick,
I used it first day on Poison Hi-Vy with the cord supplied by Paul. Worked just fine.
Just packed my bags for a West coast trip.
For hitch cord I'm bringing two Bee Hive, one Bail-Out, one Ocean Poly, and the original HH-supplied cord.
I have a 120ft Blaze motion Lanyard and unless I fit in a long access rope I'll be experimenting with whichever access lines
others bring.

Stig,
I am in LA right now with Nick. Tomorrow will be a normal work day, cable bracing some trees. The next day we drive to Mount Hermon, CA where the Coast Redwoods are all of 180 to 200 feet tall. There we will attend the Tree Climbers Rendezvous over thhe weekend before heading back to LA for another day here before heading back East. The Big Trees will have to wait until next May/June... about when you are ready to head back over maybe?

Just recalling our little back ans forth a few years ago on the buzz. No disrespect intended.

Just recalling our little back ans forth a few years ago on the buzz. No disrespect intended.

None taken. Like I said Im very familiar with SRT and have been using it for access for 17+ years. I love the new technologies that are available today vs back in the day. However, I still strongly believe that SRT will never fully replace Ddrt for work positioning. It may be a great supplement but that is all.

Climbers my age and older feel their worn out bodies and joints mainly from years of abuse, wait for another 20 years, climbers who have only used SRT will surely have joint and muscle issues from climbing 1:1 their entire life. SRT has its place, but not for every climb.

... However, I still strongly believe that SRT will never fully replace Ddrt for work positioning. It may be a great supplement but that is all...

Hahaha!

Well, you might have been using SRT access for the last 17+ years but may it be possible that your SRTWP skills are not be quite as well developed as they could be? All physical activity will cause wear and tear on a body and SRTWP is no magic bullet, but it is physically easier and very versatile.

I can do anything that has to do be done with DdRT but instead much prefer SRTWP, in every tree.

David

Actually i agree with you 100% tophopper. I am a huge promoter of srt but it will never replace ddrt. That is one of the nice atributes of the hh is that it goes seamlessly between the two. Srt gives a lot of options but it is not for everybody or everytree

Oh me? The only time ive climbed ddrt in the past few years was in portland at the itcc and then in michigan for the mtcc when they told me i would hurt myself if i climbed srt.

Hahaha!

Well, you might have been using SRT access for the last 17+ years but may it be possible that your SRTWP skills are not be quite as well developed as they could be? All physical activity will cause wear and tear on a body and SRTWP is no magic bullet, but it is physically easier and very versatile.

I can do anything that has to do be done with DdRT but instead much prefer SRTWP, in every tree.

David

And thats your preference. Im sure you can do anything with SRT that you could climbing Ddrt. It may be possible though that your Ddrt skills are not quite as well developed as they could be?
And I don't agree that it is physically easier, it may be more versatile.
Just because I dont work position with SRT doesnt mean I dont see the benefits of it or it's limitations. It does get old hearing from you die hard SRTers, that us who havent been converted are less apt or versed in SRT. How long have you been SRTing, and you are now more of an expert on the matter than I am or vice versa?
And again, it will not ever fully replace Ddrt climbing. The complexities outweigh the benefits for the average climber.

Back