Removing & Dumping Debris / Procedures and Fees

We try not to use dumps as they charge for both logs or chips, the lowest rate is 65/ton and the highest is 80/ton, adds up quick. I rent a 3 acre plot from a local farmer for our dump site. Nice thing about having our own dump site is we can dump when ever.

Ben
Bushwacker Tree

We have a biomass facility here, so most dumps are free. Some inner city ones charge, but not much. If we bring it to the right dump they pay us.

We have a biomass facility here, so most dumps are free. Some inner city ones charge, but not much. If we bring it to the right dump they pay us.

I'm hoping that is going to be the new deal in our town. Paper products company is finishing a new boiler in the fall!

Being a small operator in a rural scene I try to discharge chips on site to avoid hauling and dumping ... once in a great while on a really nice property I wind up hauling chips but they are easy to give away ... all good burning wood winds up as firewood... the biggest thing was getting rid of junk, Balsam Fir, Poplar, Pine, and Spruce.... now with the growing popularity of outdooor wood furnaces I can give away this stuff now too...

The largest mill in the area invested in a huge stationary chipper, I think they pay between twenty and thirty bucks a ton for shit logs.... chipped and then shipped to .... F'n China

Since the hurricane all my local dump spots are now charging. Some of them have no space, actually.

Been trying to launch chips into the woods, and I'd rather spread them for you than haul them away. I paid $700 on that crane job video to have the logs picked up and hauled away, BTW.

That's why I want to get a bigger chipper, quarter some logs and turn them into chips.

To many trips to far away. Would have to pay to tip anyways, the time to haul, and my fuel wasn't worth fussing with it.

A 36" DBH logs fills that little trailer fast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have said it before but they will come pick up good mulch logs for free close to that dump, they send a huge prentice truck, in out 20k lbs of wood of gone!

If they have to drive or for willow and such its like $190/ hour, which is cheap!

Makes sense. We used a 60T crane to load our knuckle a couple weeks ago. We could load twice the size our boom could lift in a fraction of the time

Across the road from my wood yard I have a dump. Clean chips have a lot of places to go but waste logs and mixed loads go in the dump at my wood yard. Once a year I have a dozer come in and push all my mess over the bank. Do the same thing next year. Over the bank again. The bank has grown a lot over the years.

Lately I have been using a Co. called Northwest Wood Products out of Harvard IL and they come and get it for free as long as I have at least near full semi load of 8"X8' or bigger logs. So far they have been out this way three times this year, I have been killing a few large willers.

Durring the week I can pretty much dump any yard waste for free at several places in town, one place doesn't like logs over 24" though because it wont fit into their grinder. Chips, brush, logs, doesn't matter. During the weekend it is like $40 bucks a load.

Back