Rear Mount Bucket ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought about material handler but they seem like they would be really heavy trucks how they are set up.

I thought a rear mount flatbed would be light on it's feet and more turf friendly.

They are a good deal heavier; I don't know of one with decent working height under CDL, and that may be another issue. Still, if you have the means and a lot of plywood, they are a sweet rig. Brian picked apart a big oak awhile back while I was down visiting, and being able to swing the big stuff over a pool and turn it around in a tight back yard for easy chipping was cake, fo sho.

Working height is key, but the higher the height, the longer the booms, and sometimes that can be a PITA. The nice thing about the rear-mount elevator units is the shorter booms relative to the same working height.

When comparing rigs, make sure you're comparing apples to apples; working height is measured 5 feet from the bottom of the bucket. Platform height is the height from ground to the bottom of the bucket.

All I gotta say about all this is that, Mat 3 rear mount booms rock! There is no better residential set up. :)

Those Mat 3's are the cat's meow. I went to the factory, met the boss's and watched their assembly line working. Rolling out a Mat 3,,, every 6 to 9 months.

they are really a small operation and in dire need of capital. I wish I had the bucks to invest in the company because their product is the bee's knees of lifts. Fo sho.

That 20 foot stinger boom is the key feature that makes it so. Small package to maneuver and get into tight places,,, and 20 feet of extra reach once you get there.

The stinger boom is it.

We are really fortunate to be running 3 of them. They have replaced alot of climbing for us, we can reach stuff that we could never dream of reaching before. I think that they are the absoute Cadillac of bucket trucks!

Man, what a hard company to find any info about. I think UTEP is the mat-3 manufacturer? Lousy website, anyone have boom specs?

CNwatermark.asp

Looks like this one.

They had a cash flow prob in 08 and are substantially smaller then small now.

Back