Rear Mount Bucket ?

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Stopping in quick.

Looking for links of places I can look for a rear mount bucket truck. Not really interested in the quick paint job and flip it places. Preferably Ford.

Leaning towards a Aerial Lift of CT as I know a few people who worked there and good people to service it.

Maybe some one knows someone or some place.

Thanks,

B

They sure do; you'd never go back to a conventional mount again.

Brendon, you could check out Iron Technics Enterprises. They're in Washington state, Lonnie (the owner) is a top guy to deal with. Often times I think he has stuff that isn't on his website, worth a call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There just doesn't seem to be a lot of of rear mounts for sale, older affordable models at least.

I just want something short wheel based, be able to tow the log trailer, and mini.

There was a nice Ford last month in tree trader, diesel, ALC, low miles, but bad timing.

Rear mounts are the only way to go for residential tree work.

Not very effectively; but why would you want to? The nicest thing about a rear-mount is being able to work over the back of the truck away from the cab. This usually means you can back a chipper right under where the brush is landing, saving having to drag it around the back of a conventional bucket/chipper combo, and turning the piece around to orient it for chipping.

The chip truck can go dump when full, while the rear mount is still working. A rear mount can also jump ahead to the next job when the chip truck and clean up crew finish with the clean up.

hey brendon, there is a place in sacremento...called truck site..where i just got my boom,
they have 4 rear mounts, high rangers, 57'wh, on ford chasis, i think 24k each

I do still like having the option a forestry mount allows. Just for a small company it allows a backup chip truck. Or just the option to take everything in one shot on a long distance job.

I called Andrew today, forum treehouse member. He'll keep an eye out for me.

Those trucks look nice TTG, CA is hell of a ride though!

I hear ya scott.

My plan is to be able to ride solo if I had to, take the log trailer to the job with the bucket, stage the brush and haul the wood. Go back with the chip truck to chip brush, done.

I hear ya scott.

My plan is to be able to ride solo if I had to, take the log trailer to the job with the bucket, stage the brush and haul the wood. Go back with the chip truck to chip brush, done.

That's almost how we roll, B. Grapple behind bucket... chipper behind chip truck. Sometimes we even feed the chipper with the grapple, even.

Back