Quick Auto Logout from the THouse...fixes?

Burnham

Woods walker
My difficulties with logging in have subsided, but recently the site logs me out in about 10-15 minutes, whether I'm being active or not. Never used to log me out, ever.

Any suggestions to fix this? Seems like there is a setting, maybe??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't mean a setting you control, as admin...rather, one in my own TH profile settings?? Maybe not, but thought I had some memory of another member or two having the same issue.

I used to attribute most gremlins to the security stuff on the FS server system, but these latest ones are on my own laptop.

Been a long time since I messed with Internet Explorer, but I seem to recall most issues like this boiled down to conflicting security settings or corrupt cookies. The times that I had to clear an item by deleting cookies, I also had to log out of the forum and then not log back in for at least 15 minutes so that I wasn't identified as still active, therefore carrying the site cookie forward instead of letting it expire.

Try logging out, clearing the Treehouse cookies and waiting 16 minutes before logging back in.

this has actually been happening with me lately too. i always have to log in, even though I have the 'remember me' button checked

I'm with Brian. When I used a PC I often had to "clean house". Now with the Mac and iPad, no issues. Except loading pics from the iPad. Damn technology, always making life easier, er uh better or um... Ah nevermind

Brian's advice seems to have done the trick. The only different thing I did from my usual close MO was to click the logout button on the site rather than just close it.

Thanks!

Yup, just a corrupt cookie. I've tried just logging out and clearing cookies, then coming right back and it didn't clear the issue. Staying logged off long enough to clear the cookie off the forum server is necessary sometimes to resolve an issue like that.

Same problem is back, and doesn't fix this time around...getting to be a hassle, logs me out in the middle of posting, that sux :(.

Doesn't happen on other sites that need login, Butch. But I don't know, I'm pretty inept at computers.

Sounds the same to my problem, though it seems it will often log me out even if I've been active. It's a real bother.

Back