Ported Stihl MS880

Rick I'll tell you a 5 dollar cure for an arm breaker .MS 460 rescue saw D handle .I've used others but have either broken them or they just plane don't work well .

A large powerfull saw in some applications is pleasure to operate but they aren't always a pleasure to start . Unfortunately I'm like about half the members of this forum with screwed up shoulders from a life time of abusing my body .What you do in your youth has a way of coming back to haunt you later in life .:(

Thanx Al for the info. Im also getting the thing modified. I'll check to see if they can put a decomp button in while their at it...

Oh those big saws like 16" to 21" too :lol: Just think of it as a vega or pinto with a big block in it.
I had 4 of the 084 at one time and 3 of them were ported. The 2 woods ported ones were on top of their game in small wood or 50" to 60" bar buried rip cutting hardwoods. I was told by new owners which own the longer bars.

John Lambert somehow put a 14" bar on his 088. Funny as ****.

John Lambert somehow put a 14" bar on his 088. Funny as ****.

I cut a 66dl 16" bar for 084 down to ?? and 60dl chain with 11T big gear. Never measured the actual length, but 12" wood was pushing it.. Frank aka Gink runs it on his 880 now.

Found a pic. Middle bar.

Copyof084partsandbars004.jpg

I will ask my foreman in the morning to see how she ran and let you know. I am glad that you got the $ safe and sound.

Yep ,kinda silly but so is drag racing if you think about it .:)

I don't really have to think about it...I've been asking the same question about that sport too, since I was a kid. Ovals, as well :).

Now road track racing, that's another story :D. Maybe there is some cross-over in my perspective...the woods mod chainsaw vs. these cut fast but totally impractical beasts.

I forgot about this short roller nose bar I let go with this pop up piston woods ported work saw. PP084 Dan Henry ported. New owner making test cuts.
I seen him not make a cut all the way through on a 10x10 on 2nd cut at GTG.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B7VPAIgia-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back