Ported Stihl MS880

Now that you sold it Brian you will probaly need it next week or within the next month. Never fails after you sell something and it is gone, then you wish you had it back.

This was a good deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if I were going to sell it anywhere other than here I would have started at $1500 and ended up around $1300 or so after bickering with some asshole who would probably rip me off if he could. Here I don't have those issues, and I'm getting $300 less than I paid for it. I'm good with that.

And I still have the 395 which rides on the truck full time. My torn bicep tendon (and now my right shoulder) prefers the smaller saws.

Glad to have been of assistance. She is going to a good home. She will have to earn her keep though.

Great purchase. Likely you won't be needing it at the mall?

Nope, mostly all pruning at the mall. Exterior trees not interior. Hopefully we get it, it would be a big chunk of work for one of our crews this winter.

Chances are great that big old saw will last a life time no more that it's likely to be used .

I just wonder if in time to come if these monster saws will become a thing of the past .I doubt seriously if world wide these or the 3120 Huskies have a geat amount being sold .

oops, just looked in on the thread. If it needs a ride across the border I could give it a shot, just dont clean it if thats the deal, hard to explain a spotless, used chainsaw, especially when firewood isnt allowed to transport across the line. Hell, ship it to HA and stick it in your carry on later this winter Rborist. :P

Paulie,

Don't worry about it, I am just gonna have it shipped here via whoever Brian decides to ship it with. Thanks for the offer though.

When dealing with Brian Wright for saw porting, he recommended using USPS. He said UPS sucks up there and border issues are much worse using them. I'll get it wrapped up and shipped out tomorrow I hope.

USPS is mo better for import values AND no brokerage fees that the formal couriers charge for their bullshit paperwork. I shall give my brief example; Bought a $13 magnifier at Baileys, they shipped it UPS, UPS charged me $35 brokerage fee and Revenue Canada charged me $20 duty and import fee. So much for the deal on the tool.
With my recent eBay binge the USPS is most convenient with an amenable seller. Declared value for customs supposedly has nothing to do with insured value during shipping ;)

What should one declare the value at in your opinion Paulie?

I shipped a bunch of machine tool carbide inserts and assundry items to TW via USPS .Because the weight was over the limit for undeclared value I submtted it as a gift because that's basically what it was .

Craig, I got the boxes shipped out this morning. I tried buying a shipping tube for the bar but they wanted $11 for it and it was too short anyway, so I cut a couple plywood strips and screwed them together. Total shipping came to $133! :O If you cover $100 of it then we'll call it good.

IMG_1929.jpg

Back