Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
It is another world down here. The American Caribbean. You are to close not to come. The view of the water from the highway is worth the drive.

The view of the water from the highway is worth the drive.

Frig the view!!! You gotta get IN the water. I used to go to the Keys quite a bit...Dry Rocks, The Elbow, Christ Statue, Pennekamp, Long Beach Key and camping on the beach, Stalag 88 (?) at mile marker 88 (rented a sailboat there)....lots of good memories.

The water is great to look at, but AWESOME to get in.

need anyone to run your plow while you are gone? I will split the profits, 90/10 in favour of the labour. :P

New Orleans on Memorial Day

Hey, There's an in-laws wedding on the Sat before Memorial Day. Whut's a good thing to do when in New Orleans?

It would be great to wear a Masterblaster T-shirt (size 2XL) to the bachelor party.

Working this AM, watching Junior's wrestling match this afternoon, and driving to Charlotte tonight. We're headed to Geezers at the cracdk of dawn.

We'll see ya down there Skwerl and Mr. Sir. and Hmm.

I'll try to steal a puter and check in once in a while.

Don't forget to greet new members kindly. First impressions are important!

Hey Chip, how did you do in the Geezers Competition? Sorry I didn't stick around the whole day, but I was cheering you on in spirit. ;)

Yeah it's too bad we didn't get to spend more time... I was pretty distracted.

Did OK for a guy pushing 50 who's never actually competed anywhere but Geezers. I did better than I hoped in the footlock, I was only 6 secs off the best time... I was hoping to be no more than 11 off. That was all I really wanted out of the comp... everything else was partying... an endeavor in which I truly excel.

Finished AR for the first time ever, but it was a pathetically easy scenario. Zeroed Belayed speed... some of those younger old farts are fast as hell. Had it going in throwline with a 10 in the first tree but then I tangled the line with a climbing rope and timed out on the second one. Buzzed the limb on the work climb but i hit all the stations. I was actually doing really well moving around but I snagged the knot in the end of my lanyard like, 3 times, got one foot on the landing target.
I should have trained at least a little bit. It was a lot more competitive than last year, at least in terms of depth. Every climber there was good and most are still climbing regularly. next year...

Next time we'll set aside a few hours to chew the fat and talk saws... I need to learn more about saws.

Well this is it for me! Tomorrow at 6:00am we head off to the airport. Direct from Kelowna to Playa del Carmen. One week of fun in the sun.

Man I am stoked!!!!!8)

Have fun squishey and family! try tasting some almond flavoured tequila, a friend brought a bottle home a few years ago and it was some tasty stuff, unlike the usual horse sweat jose cuervo garbage. :puke:

:)and watch out for banditos!

8)dont forget the sunscreen.......your canuck ace is gonna burn! Have fun, and take some pics8)

Lots of pics, my inlaws are going down too so we'll have a babysitter down there with us. I'm gonna take the kiddo swimming with dolphins, she's gonna flip.:)

Back