O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Nope.. sckeered me 2.... I was afraid I would FUBAR the bridge material.
Oh well.. New one on the way... I'll just cut this one off and start new. Looked like they put on the red lock tight with a caulking gun.. I kid you knot. The other side I just scratched a tad off and no issue. Shipped all mucked up with red lock tight, but the links come with blue lock tight. Yeah.. WTF ...
I mean I get the whole liability thing.. but holy crap...
Anyway.. Flew in it today on a dead live oak SRTWP. Some had to be pieced out. This saddle is nice. I really like it. I can see why I have read good reviews on it.
Good lay out. Light.. Comfy..
I was a tad concerned about how far forward the side Ds were. Just fine except for whacking my wrist on them a couple times getting used to their placement. Easy transition from the Cougar. Nice to be back on the webbing bridge. Always favoured those even though I have a rope bridge on the Cougar. I will have to see if the Bat Plate fits the Tree Austria. Might need a tad larger plate for the bridge. :dontknow: I will know more when I pull it completely apart to put the new shackle on.
So far so good. Look forward to working some more in it. Sold about 5 days of mistletoe removal and one tree removal today. So guess I will have the chance to hang in it some more ;)

Couldn't resist after the oiler went yet again on my 338. Looking forward to a long relationship with her;)
nesu5ave.jpg

Got a rope box from Treestuff today. Definitely worth the money as we got 4 short climbing lines out of it as well as some other useful rope. My partner was going to order a new short climbing line but decided to gamble on this. He probably was going to order a 11mm-11.7mm rope 80ft in length. He got one in the box plus 2, 1/2" lines about 80' and a shorter 11mm.

uploadfromtaptalk1410397441713.jpg

That's a nice score in the B.O.R. !

I had a chance to fondle a 540 at the Vermeer dealer the other day and was tempted but still gun shy with all of the hit or miss performance. I wish you well and many hours of tree slaying with the new toy.

I have hesitated trust me. Local shop 10 min away he has the software ect. I'll call it my new learning curve with auto tune for better or worse. Two things stick out about it already one and most notable to me is the flex in the anti-vibe at the trigger seems a weak area. And two is oil weep after running. Shouldn't complain about the later but it rode home from the job on the front seat sitting on my schedule book, which needed a good clean. Most seem to not put out enough here in the heat so that may be acceptable;)

mine fell off the back of the wheel loader and landed on the back end. Fell from 3 feet and the gas tank split, unusable. Dropped many 200s without issue, guess I need to be more carefull.....

Just a little note. WesSpur sent me a new shackle toot sweet. All is well and the saddle is awesome. Have to get used to adjusting the waist all the time, but no biggie.
Could use some velcro like Nick does on the tails of the straps would be a fine addition
WesSpur is taking 100.00 off right now on it if anyone is looking to upgrade a retireee..

Looks wicked, B.

I need the narrow tracks in my market, and the lifting power. The Variable Track Width was a huge selling point. I wish I had bigger access around here.

Back