O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I got a mower for the track loader in Monday, a Bradco Extreme Duty Ground Shark. In short, it's a beast. It weighs 2klbs by itself, the blade carrier is 600lbs, and it has the biggest bearing housing I've seen on a mower. 72" cutting width, 3/4" blades and 18 stump grinding teeth on the blade carrier.

IMG_6901.jpg

10 minutes to mulch these trees.
IMG_9387.jpg
IMG_9388.jpg
IMG_9390.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B8iAuyYUomo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is very impressive. :thumbup::)
An incredible amount of work for "just" half an hour.
Although it looks more like you're having fun than working. :D
You must need a dust mask for days like that, eh?

Lawzy!!! That thing is a mulch monster! I hope your cabin air is tightly contained and filtered...LOTS of dust there. Cool video of what that thing can do.

Yep, 'raba, the cab is enclosed with filtered air conditioning. Dust still gets around the door somewhat, but it's not a breathing issue, it got my feet and Birkenstocks dirty. :lol:

Cab sealing is one of the downsides to having a rollup door, but safety and convince is far greater.

Haha dad has been disliking those vines for the past 30 odd years! He cleared that property with a Jubilee tractor (no front end loader) and by hand. A couple years ago I asked how much younger would he be if he'd have bought a loader back then.

Carl, probably a dumb question, but any concerns with that device holding up with prolonged tree grinding application? It seems like the name, "mower", doesn't really do it justice.

Like anything, it will eventually wear out; but it's rated to cut 7" material and comes with a 1 year warranty... Bradco is pretty confident in its abilities. It weighs over 2klbs and the part that holds the blades is 600lbs of that.... it's beefy. All in all, I'm not too much worried about it breaking up, although I'll keep an eye on it for sure. I'm learning some tricks to process bigger material more efficiently.

I have a potential customer that wants me to do a walk around of it; I'll post that up here as well. And yes, I sell them :lol:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rwn7Toj6IIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got the grab fitted to the Kubby, pricey but will save a lot of ball ache.
For me, at the moment, that's what's it's all about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 116
Back