O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I bought it in kit form from a company in France. 2 years ago. Obviously it superfluous now cos of the Kubby.
I got a guy in to do the welding etc. he abandoned it.
Honestly it's been a bit of an albatross. I'll make a loss on it, but it's so long since I bought it I've forgotten about the money, if you see what I mean.

alright
attachment.php

76 f150 300cid i6 4x4

Used my APTA. Took a bit to get my aim on. 140psi got plenty of height. A Target purchased schwinn bike pump that maxes out at 160 psi, was 25 bucks.

A chainsaw file took down the sharp inner edge of the barrel. Valve worked fine. I worked it back and forth, maybe a hundred times to wear it in a bit, hoping for smoother action.

If it wasn't for hitting the trunk in the doug-fir, and the cedars being PITA cedars, it would have gone a bit easier. Wraptor was nice. I would have been worn out by climbing all those.

So I was able to put a whopping ten minutes on the clock today. The new chipper clock that is. This thing is a beast! Bandit 255XP. With the Boxer and BMG, we will be moving through work at a much higher rate.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417566865.209469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417566888.098562.jpg

Nice looking unit, congrats! Nothing better than new stuff that works like new.

Why do you prefer a disc over a drum?

Cory, my buddy has a 1590 with a 175 horse and it does excellent with logs. When it come to brush, it seems to struggle to get the chips to the front of the truck, if in the truck at all. The rotating mass of the disc really tears it apart IMO, and the paddles make damn sure the chips hit the front of the truck. Besides this was $17,000 cheaper than the same powered 1590. Last yr before the diesels are tier four as well.

Nice. How many hp's you got? Yes, pre tier 4 is awesomeeeee

Back