New Chipper for TreeCareLA, too!

Congrats Nick,
Time to get a backup video setup on that truck...makes them easy to back up those tight, twisty drives up in the hills.
Bluetooth right to your phone on the dash-mount, or else a small tablet so you can see better.
And, if you get a wheel lock get extra keys. I got hired just a few years ago to haul my tanks down and burn one off a utility trailer when they lost their keys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait a minute- Bluetooth camera to the iPhone? Now you're talking my language! Lemme google it...

love
nick

$200 isn't too bad considering you're in a major City. A lot of place like golf courses, resorts or even hotels might be willing to trade tree services for space to park vehicles. I have a similar setup on a farm here on Oahu we do a lot of tree work for them and we have a nice secure spot for the equipment only 5 minutes from my place, works out great.

jp:D

Classy looking machine. Have to include chippers now along with surfer girls in my LA frame of reference.

On the web I see a lot of LA car self storage units renting out for a lot less money and you get to be under a roof. You must need more space?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We googled car self storage and none could handle a setup our size. We found a boat storage place by the marina but they wanted 350/mo and it is 25 minutes away.

love
nick

Congrats on the new Morbark M8, very nice. From looking at your pics I remember 10 yrs ago when I bought my Morbark 2060D / 35 hp Wisconson aircooled from the factory. To date have only changed 1 infeed roller spring and only done regular maintence. These machines are bulletproof, also have never re-tensioned it's huge direct drive belt.

Install a wireless license plate backup camera on your truck, I can't be without mine. Storage I keep my chipper /trailer unit in my car garage, always home when I am.
Here's a few pics from years back to present of my unit I built, [from a Ford F150 pickup and groundie to work alone present day:) ]

anna 009.jpg anna 014.jpg anna 038.jpg tree service 002.jpg SDC10682.JPG SDC10683.JPG

Wow! That is a neat unit.How much weight are you allowed to tow with a Pick up in Canada?
That's a good question, every year it seems the new pickup ratings are going up because of better designs. My 2007 Dodge diesel is rated with a GAWR of close to 12,000 LBS. I have installed Firestone airbags on the rear springs. With my class IV hitch I can pull a trailer up to 10,000lbs GTW. Greater then 10,000 lbs GTW I would need a fifth wheel / gooseneck.
My trailer with all the equipment on it with an empty dump box weighs approx 6,000 lbs, fully loaded with chips is still under 10,000 lbs.

If it’s of use to anyone reading this thread in the future, Cal Line equip. in Livermore, CA talks like they have a good fix for the lower feed wheel problems on Bandit chippers. They weld in, or have Bandit do it, twice as many feed “knives” on the lower roller and they say it feeds vines well, frequently, chopping them as it goes. Also dry wood that would shatter and lock up wheels feeds better.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Have been thinking the past few days how much I have gained from reading the posts where each person contributes their experience and learnings. I have put into practice some things, pondered others and of course out of hand rejected yet others. What I keep coming back to is if I had to put a value on what I have gained from forum discussions it would be quite high. I’m making more money, having more fun, and being safer in my tree work. Thanks for that!!! I’ll have a few things I’d like to share on the basis they might be of value to some(will look for appropriate place to post a way to be free of back and body pain for the expenditure of $12 for a book and about ten to fifteen min. a day). Also am struck by the incredible value this website is. I’ll buy a magazine or a book to gain this or that bit of limited info. and then it’s over. The Tree House just keeps expanding and growing, every time I come back here there is something more. Butch, if I understand correctly this is your baby.(?) Is there a way I can pay a subscription? Is there some other way The Tree House pays expenses and looks to turn a profit? And too, where would I go to talk about that and not muck up the,” shinny new chipper” thread? (I’m planning on getting a new Bandit 65XP or 75XP latter this year.) Thanks again, Merle

Merle, go to the announcements forum and find the official welcome thread, you can tell us about yourself there. Anything else can go in a new thread in an appropriate forum or be contributed to an existing thread.

Butch doesnt sell advertising here so the site is supported by donations. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click donate to send whatever you like through paypal.

That's correct, Merle - The TreeHouse is my baby and I like it just as much as you. Glad to see it's of benefit to you! And like Nick (Bonner) said, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the donate button. You don't have to be a paypal member, just have a credit/debit card.

Thanks, buddy! I'm glad you like it here! :beer:

Nice Nick! :)

Now shorten those safety chains up so they won't drag on the ground, and will keep the tongue from hitting the ground if it came lose. ;)

Back