"Must-Have" Clean Up Tools

I find I use my arbor trolley way more than my mini. It was waeay cheaper too. I really like extra large jet sleds for cleanup

My arbor trolley transports in the back of my pick-up, my mini weighs half as much as my pick-up, and requires a trailer/ tow vehicle. Both are money makers, specific to the individual job. I'd buy both again in a heartbeat.

I have some Sears rakes. Its a way to go.

Best clean up tool is anything that I don't have to use or do for example : "hey soandso grab a rake "

The scoops are invaluable, especially for stump grinding. They do a very good job of not tearing the grass up too. We actually modified ours a little bit and don't use the pins anymore for attachment, they were getting to be a little bit of a pita.

Fred, care to share the mod? The pins can be a pain at times, so anything to fix that would be great.

Squish, I have the rake, works pretty good. TCI has one, and it works decently. The key is taking short passes, otherwise it can miss a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the rake as well but rarely use it. The scoops on the other hand are sweet,we use them all the time! Fred, I would love to see the mod you made for the pins.

Mike and Adrian, here are some photos of the BMG scoops mod. Sorry if the pictures are too big. The mod is fairly simple, a small piece of flat stock steel is welding on to the grapple where the upper bolt for the grapple is. Drill a whole and weld a nut on the back side before mounting. Then a piece of flat stock needs to be made up for each scoop with a bend. Drill the same size hole where the other hole lines up on the grapple. Now all you need is a matching bolt to the nut you welded. We welded a washer to the bolt, and a then welding on a piece of round stock to make a handle.

I don't know if it is the ultimate solution, but it is a heck of a lot better then the old way.

2014-08-12 12.04.18.jpg 2014-08-12 12.03.18.jpg 2014-08-12 12.03.12.jpg 2014-08-12 12.04.24.jpg 2014-08-12 12.04.57.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-08-12 12.05.29.jpg
    2014-08-12 12.05.29.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 72
I love the arbor trolley but I am a huge fan of the Jet Sleds. we have all the different sizes. the largest fits right in the back of the truck and carries a lot of brush. we drag them across streets and concrete and they hold up over a year

Jet sleds..... You know, the things that ice fishermen use to drag their gear from hole to hole..... You do live in WI don't you?? :-P

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do now it's been a few years since I've been out on the ice. I just feel stupid now. Thank you! :|:

Back