"Must-Have" Clean Up Tools

And pollution. AQMD. The same is true in Santa Monica and West Hollywood and a few other small cities around LA.

We skirt the issue by having a battery powered blower.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I purchased a GroundsKeeper rake from TreeStuff a little while back -and I wish I had this beauty years ago. There is no pushing while your drawing the rake. Simply pull gently and lightly skim the surface. This thing is tits!

image.jpg

I like my rakes attached to a big tracked bobcat.

One man mechanized cleanup crew!

Jomo

Here is an updated pic of the bag/tarp from today. Dead Ash sucks to clean up in the snow.

Attachments

• 2014-02-25 10.03.25.jpg
    2014-02-25 10.03.25.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 2014-02-25 10.06.08.jpg
    2014-02-25 10.06.08.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 77
Big Strong Tarp doing all the good stuff said in previous posts.
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=2211

Groundkeeper rakes

Rented the BR600 but didn't see that much of an advantage over a handheld, harder to store as well.
I want to try the big Husky/Redmax which is the king in terms of specs.

On larger stump grinding jobs we have rented the power sweeper pushing on to the tarp.
http://en.stihl.ca/STIHL-Products/KombiSystem/KombiTools/2473-1482/KW-KM-PowerSweep™.aspx

For stump grindings we use a dump trailer to carry the grinder, drag the tarp up the ramps and fill the bottom of the trailer. Just drive the the grinder up on top and move to the next job. Carry top soil in the box of the truck for those jobs we reseed.

IMG_1223.jpg

G Yarder how much dragging around would you feel those Big Strong Tarps can take? I normally wont let tarps be dragged because of wearing through with the weight of load on top of tarp.

Grounds Keeper rakes I would rate at least twice as fast as soon as I’m off a well manicured lawn.

Treestuff has been "out of stock" on those big strong tarps for a while now. Did they stop carrying them I wonder?

Here is an updated pic of the bag/tarp from today. Dead Ash sucks to clean up in the snow.

I have this exact tarp and love it! Use it the same way you do, it's a great tarp, and holds 3000lbs. Since I bought the hd scoops we don't use it quite a much but it still sees a fair bit of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand made broom making is still an art, and they work extremely well. Soft delicate whisks for sweeping around areas where you don't want to disturb the moss, to tough bamboo for long sideways sweeps over concrete. They are tough and hold up much better than one might possibly think. I know some gardeners that like to make their own, but they generally sell them at old style hardware stores, or a broom maker might have a shop. Sometimes old skills handed down from father to son. From cheap to being fairly expensive.

Attachments

• 18c5d7013911c3b5dcf5048f2c642bfb.jpg
    18c5d7013911c3b5dcf5048f2c642bfb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 100
  • img57276255.jpg
    img57276255.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Chiritori%20.jpg
    Chiritori%20.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 100
My Filipino girlfriend used to wax the wooden floors with a dried coconut husk which had been cut in half. She'd use her foot to press down and move it in a back and forth motion. It shined the floors up real nice!

With the weight a couple of guys can drag wear hasn't been too bad. The rear ramps have steel mesh and sharp edges have torn some holes in the tarp but it seems to rip stop pretty well and is hanging in there.

There are none left at Treestuff because I ordered two spares in my fall order.

The Sling Bag has much longer loops so I wonder how the two compare for dragging and lift height required when packing with a mini?

Jay, I use the "witch broom" style every time I lend a hand in the stable in Schweiz.
The Swiss swear by them, and I had forgotten how efficient they are.
Those Swiss are pretty anal about cleanliness, after feeding and mucking out, the whole stable is swept, and not a single straw is to be found out of place.
That was something else, I'd forgotten, but it does look good.

Just yesterday, Stig, I saw a large drum of "witch brooms" being sold at an agricultural supply place. The only place local that sells NGK BPMR7A plugs. 3 dollars per broom, half as much as the plug. In Asia, no shortage of bamboo. I buy my plugs there and starter rope, and these strange kind of puffy rice crackers that taste real good.

Yep, Nick, Yep.

A brush cart of any kind beats no brush cart, if you don't think that the Return on Investment in worthwhile enough at the $800 mark.

The downside of the AT versus a flat bottomed cart (Willie has shown his with saws on it) is the floatation in soupy soils.

If they could have an add-on dual for the AT, I'd buy 'em considering my local climate.

You should be able to fab something together pretty easily if you can find the same size tire/rim. Is the axle up to it?

Back