"Must-Have" Clean Up Tools

Its about floatation not added capacity (500 kg limit).

The axle seems like 1" bar stock with a hole for a lynch type pin, bearings on the wheels. There isn't an easy extension that I see.

Ahh I see. I meant extra leverage that would be out on by the duals not carrying more. For something that slow it seems you could simply weld two rims side by side possibly with a spacer of sorts? Would be hard to mount provably. I thought the rims were bolted on. Maybe search for mini dually rims.

The downside of the AT versus a flat bottomed cart (Willie has shown his with saws on it) is the floatation in soupy soils.

Can you post a picture of this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you guys use for log moving? Single wheelbarrow, log cart, dolly?

Anyone tried using the timber claw log grabber. Looks like a great idea.

The downside of the AT versus a flat bottomed cart (Willie has shown his with saws on it) is the floatation in soupy soils.

Can you post a picture of this?

I think what I saw was roughly a 3'x4' plywood top, some (flatfree?) swivel and rigid casters. I don't know about stakes.

I'm going to employ my capstan tomorrow to drag up to the chipper. Its amazing what a chipper winch can do. Nick B has shown it.

One day at ST Parks, due to a landslide, they needed to cut the road deeper into the hillside, so we had to clear about 50 doug-fir, many pecker poles, some (10?) we cut a butt log off. The chipper winch let us feed all 50 into a Bandit 250 in a day, blowing chips down the mountainside. 2 tree men and a SP engineer. That guy was about 50. He had a work ethic, and I guarantee a sore body the next day. Pushing trees is a lot more taxing than pushing pencils.

I wasn't the one cutting on that one or those spruce logs in the other thread. But that ash did have to swing a bit to layout in the parking lot. I think he was going for a uneven hinge to pull it in.

Guys always breaking handles on rakes so I put a pvc pipe over handle (only need a couple inches of handle left to attach/screw pvc to old rake) But I ad a couple feet to length give you a little farther reach and onece I put pvc handles on rake , they last for ever

Another vote for the BR600. They fit well on the tongue of the chipper or trailer. Groundskeeper rakes hold up well, too. Haven't broke one yet.

The groundskeeper handles don't hold up to being driven over. Jamin Alegre said he sleeves his rake handles with PVC. I'm gonna do that.

Buy Craftsman rakes. Buy several. When a few are broken and it justifies the trip to Sears, bingo. My competitor had one go through a chipper and took a baggie of rake back and they replaced it.

Back