MS201T

The Husqvarna boys must be busting a nut laughing over this. :lol:
A top secret MS201T test saw gets into the hands of a few regular chainsaw joes and the saw gets a major work over on almost every chainsaw chat site around the globe, getting weighed, demoed and torn down for inspection.

Priceless:)

Willard.

Wow, this new 201 is starting to look like all the other top handles on the market. How did this guy over at AS get his hands on the saw. He didn't steal it and I don't think he bought it even though it sounds like he did. It is almost like he got it off e-bay or something like that.:lol::lol:

This one was without b+c but no clue about fluids in or not.
003.jpg
From reading the AS info from this guy weighing this 201 at 9.4lbs it was full of gas and baroil. So 8.1 lbs empty powerhead should be about right, only a few ounces heavier then the MS200.

why didn't he weigh it empty???

Willard.

There's no primer bulb on this one, 8.15lbs. Looks pretty good to me.8)

http://www.stihl.co.uk/MS201T/ Click link for the buttons to work.

stihl-MS-201-chainsaw.jpg

Stihl MS 201T chainsaw (35.2cc)

Up in the trees, different rules apply. Weight matters, there’s no margin for error and the arborist needs a chain saw that’s quick, easy to start and gives the performance they expect.

The new STIHL MS 201 T retains all the familiarity of the leading MS 200 T as well as already meeting EU II emissions limits for 2014.

Designed to improve productivity, performance and comfort, this powerful pro arborist saw provides a 15% better cutting performance, 20% improved fuel consumption, 100% longer filter life and a higher power to weight ratio compared to its predecessor. It also has noticeably lower vibrations, with the right hand figure reducing to 3.1 m/s2.

It’s a real professional – just like the arborists who it’s designed for.

Technical data

Displacement: 35.2 cm3
Engine power: 1.8 kW
Torque: 1.75 Nm
Weight: 3.7 kg
Weight/power ratio: 2.06 kg/kW
Fuel tank capacity: 310 cm3
Chain oil tank capacity: 220 cm3
STIHL Oilomatic chain pitch: 3/8″
STIHL Oilomatic chain type: Picco Super 3 (PS3)

Standard Features

Low emissions, fuel-saving 2-MIX engine
New air filter with 100% longer filter life
Professional anti-vibration system
Original STIHL low vibration, low-kickback Picco Super 3 chain
Die-cast magnesium engine casing and light stainless steel muffler
Microprocessor controlled ignition system
Master control lever with integrated choke
Secured nut on sprocket cover
Tool-less filler caps with closure alignment marks
Side chain tensioner
NEW secure scabbard

You notice the 201 says this = this powerful pro arborist saw provides a 15% better cutting performance,

and it uses this chain PS3 which is 15% faster itself = STIHL Oilomatic chain type: Picco Super 3 (PS3) Original STIHL low vibration, low-kickback Picco Super 3 chain

So is it the chain that is providing 15% better cutting performance on the 201 and the 201 and 200 are the same with same chain. ;)

Just something I caught when I read the above.

Weight is right close to a 200, 3.7 kilograms = 8.14 pounds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the looks of it, looks spacey.

I'm on the fence about stashing away a couple 200t's. I'd hate to have this saw BE something, and have those on the shelf. But I really think I'm going to stash away two.

You notice the 201 says this = this powerful pro arborist saw provides a 15% better cutting performance,

and it uses this chain PS3 which is 15% faster itself = STIHL Oilomatic chain type: Picco Super 3 (PS3) Original STIHL low vibration, low-kickback Picco Super 3 chain

So is it the chain that is providing 15% better cutting performance on the 201 and the 201 and 200 are the same with same chain. ;)

Just something I caught when I read the above.

Weight is right close to a 200, 3.7 kilograms = 8.14 pounds
I can guarantee you Oregon and Husqvarna already have a 91 series chisel LoPro chain fitted for the yet to be introduced T540XP
;)

I'm on the fence about stashing away a couple 200t's. I'd hate to have this saw BE something, and have those on the shelf. But I really think I'm going to stash away two.

Nah, you have a win/win situation. At worst you'll have 2 very good, proven saws. At best, those 2 plus a brand new good or very good saw.

But if they are on the shelf, store em with no fuel so they won't self destruct over time.

Tool-less filler caps with closure alignment marks...

Ha!

I like the roundy corners...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oz5Q2QWSKhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn emissions. The 020's ran forever and the 200T last 2 years ( in my experience) and this new one is probably have a shorter life span.

I'm not so sure if there is any difference between an 020T and a 200T other than the flippy caps . Maybe the carb ?

As far as I've seen most get killed from a fall from a tree or get ran over by a truck or other dumb stuff than actually wearing out . I've changed a few seals on them but that's about it .

Like Toms' stuff just get a pile of parts ,part 200 ,part 020 and use the best to resurrect them if enough parts are there to begin with .Fact is damned if they didn't somehow break the freakin muffler on one I just gave a new lease in life to . Proving my theory of broken rather than worn out .

I got my hands on the 201T the other day, cuts a lot like the 200t with the new style chain that they came out, its just a little bit more weight. I only got to use it for about 30 minutes, so i cant tell you guys a lot about it, not a bad looking saw.

Back