Looking for a Silvey

A tool from a time passed, brothers...many would say. But only sort of. Nothing brings out the need for a proper tree jack like falling outlaws, old left behind fence-line boundary trees, roadside monsters, and hazard trees.

Just an observation, from one of your token old guy fallers.
:D

No doubt, I'd still buy a functioning jack for the right price, that's just not the price for this tightwad!

Yeah, I have a couple massive bottles and a featherlite, they've worked well for me but I like that kinda stuff ya know? I love to get my hands on some good, old spring board shoes too...

I've been hitting the old barn sales, the second hand shops, for years looking for springboards or shoes...struck out so far. I have no idea what could have happened to all of them that had to be knocking around since 1900 or so here in the PNW. Good luck, bro. Tell you what...if I find a cache of them someday, I'll share, if you will too :).

Oh gentlemen... scroll down on this page
http://www.tuatahiaxes.com/accessories.html
jigshoes.jpg

Too bad those are in New Zealand. I might get some but I really want old, used ones

Tried to Google "jigger shoes" as I'd not heard that term, didn't help me any other than to know I need to wear shoes in Africa, jiggers sound like a bad deal

Yeah, I had to use spring board to get to spring board shoes and they call them jiiggers. You pull it all up under images and then you find some. Mostly in museums :lol:
Jiggers in the feet was pretty dang gross

I'm with Willie...though I'm not really expecting to put a pair of springboards to work at this point in my life :)...which he might very well still do! I just have a want, as opposed to a need, to have a springboard or two in my shed next to the 064 and all the rest of my old school goodies.

Lol. Wrong pic. I think the 1st stem of that double we make shifted a springboard. Can't find the pic now?

Hmm. Not even right job, pics I'm thinking of must be trapped on my phone.

Back