Inefficient cat rescues

Sure, you can "take out/kill" with the sucker - that's my point. It'll be a skilled fugger that can only "knock it out."

I like how both trees were similar sized but one was labeled as 40' and the other as 100'.

Never seen the mid air extension ladder trick, that was cool

I have to wonder at times if a well placed shot from a slingshot with a glass marble might be simpler .Bean the feline in the noggin and catch him in a net .When he wakes up with a head ache he'd forget all about getting his dumb self up in a tree he can't shinny down .

Hell with the slingshot, .17HMR. I have no love for cats.

I just don't understand cats .Something might frighten them and they seek refuge in a tree .Others might get the idea to snatch a bird or something and up they go .

Now I know for a fact they all come equipted with a reverse gears and came unclimb what they've climbed because I've seen them do it with ease .Even half grown kittens can get themselves out of a tree if they want to .

Reverse is much more awkward. I don't think it is natural for them. It seems to be a learned behavior, rather than instinct. I know when I was a kid and used to free climb way up big old trees, coming down was much harder than climbing up.

I suppose it's kinda like spiking a pole .You can see your way to gaff up but unless you have eyes in the back of your head you kind of feel your way down for lack of a better discription .Cats are pretty limber though ,more so than old climbers for sure .

I know that much, that one looked like a production model, made specifically for the job

I know that much, that one looked like a production model, made specifically for the job
png.gif

Kevin, it looks like a T-shirt Launcher. You can buy them -- anywhere from $200 to $1000. BUT, you can make them for under $50. I made one just for kicks. If you want to make one I recommend the 'piston' design, it's cheaper and easier than the 'sprinkler' design. However, be aware that some municipalities consider them as a weapon. :roll:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 9.08.22 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 9.08.22 AM.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 32
Back