Incredible Giveaway!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well when it all happened my camera came bouncing outta somewhere in the truck and was lying on the road.

Some pics of the carnage. Truck looks pretty good but I don't think there's a hope in hell they'll fix it with the damage to the boom, nevermind the truck. It looks decent but I've checked it over nothing's really straight on the truck anymore . The box/cab/boom are all just 'off' a bit now. I'd consider buying it back and fixing it but quite a bit of stuff is broken under the hood, like the steering, brakes, and who knows what else.

It's such a nice truck for it's age, everything worked perfectly on it. A crying shame.

Attachments

• IMG_7665.JPG
    IMG_7665.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7672.JPG
    IMG_7672.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7673.JPG
    IMG_7673.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 64
Brutal, thanks for the pics tho, I was wondering how much carnage it was. Did the other tools survive fairly well? I see a saw on the road in the one pic...

Yah I often leave a 200t in the bucket. Probably not supposed to but it's always clipped in. All the saws seem to have come through unscathed. Yah it's brutal for me, truck still looks quite good, the boom is forked though. Upper is broke in half and a bunch of bolts broke off of the house. There were bolts and little brackets and pieces of metal all around the truck from various things breaking.

Dude, that sucks. My truck has a big fat red indicator light in the dash that lights up whenever the boom is up out of the cradle. Sometimes it flickers when I hit a bump in the road if the boom isn't seated down firmly and it really gets my attention.

I can see how easily that could happen though, with the forestry body setup. An interlock wouldn't work since you need to raise the boom to dump, and you need to be able to pull forward to dump everything out of the bed. An indicator light would be a good thing though.

I betcha Andrew could fix that truck up and resell it for ya. ;)

Good idea on the light skwerl, I should do that too. To bad so much is broke, would be nice to have a good chip truck for your non boom jobs

Oh man Squish, I feel for you bro. This reminds me of the time we forgot to tie the ladder down on the truck and lost it on the freeway. That little mistake cost me big.

Just found this thread....and am thinking of you mate, we've all done stupid things. My favourite saying is, 'shoulda, coulda, woulda.' Don't crucify yourself over it Squish, $hit happens mate. At least you got to go home and see your girls at the end of the day mate, it could have been much worse. My words are probably of little consolation Squish, but you're not the only one of us to come unstuck. Chin up mate, onwards and upwards.........

My condolences, Squish. You'd think their would be an interlock device to prevent such things from happening. May be there was, but was over-ridden some how.

It's over with and on to a new adventure.

DAMN Justin! Just Damn!

Take a couple of steps back and relax a bit. There is nothing you can do about it anyhow!

Shit. Go easy on yourself, it's done and you aren't hurt. A setback for sure, but you was wanting a 75' forestry package any way right?
Hope your friend is going to get along okay. Always have hated horses.

DANG - I really need to read things more.

HA

not good -

This sucks Squish. If I can help let me know.

Might be a good time for you to go rear mount.

For Skwishey's setup, the forestry unit seems more practical. One truck, one driver gets everything to the job and back. A rear mount bucket means you need a separate chip truck with a separate driver, insurance, maintenance, etc.

Feeling for you, Justin. We've all done stupid things. Keep your head right and move on. We got yer back, bro.

Holy moly when rains it pours ,sucks .:(

It's after the fact now but one of the Hi-Rangers I used to run also had a warning light on it if the boom was uncradled . Simple enough to make .Just an actuator rod that went to a normally closed limit switch .Boom down,light off .

I have done the boom up maneuver also Squish. I was leaving the dump and there was a pipe over the gate with a sign on it and I hit the pipe. Didn't do any damage to my truck bent the pipe a little.
That sucks huge. It was such a nice truck.

Was working for a guy once who started our day being an irritable sob. By 9:30 I had already loaded up my saws in my truck and told him I was through for the day. A friend appealed and I stayed. Anyway, Mr. in your face, hops into his boom truck at lunch, and with the boom up, slams it into the stone arch over the temple road entrance where we were working, cracking it and knocking down huge chunks off the hundreds....maybe thousands of years old thing. It was something incredible to observe. :O

Met with the insurance adjuster now I've just got to wait for the estimators report/valuation on the truck. :(

I sure hope I don't get bent over to badly. 25g was the declared value on the truck and the way it works I guess is that's the absolute most that the insurane company will pay. Remember Canadian dollars I know that truck isn't worth 25g down there but I'd buy that same truck up here for 25g again in a heartbeat. Only thing close I've found in Canada is a beat uncert'd truck of the same year with a 50' holan lift for 18g and it looks like hell.

I'm going to try and put the funds together for this:

http://www.lakeportequip.com/Forestry_Trucks_-112943.html

They're asking 69g.

Skwishey, my truck was close to that amount last year and my payments are just over $1100 per month. For me, the reliability of having a newer, low mileage truck has justified the high monthly payment. And by having the newer truck, I've attracted some higher dollar clientele that aren't interested in hiring the cheaper guy with the older truck.

Best wishes for you whichever way you go, I'm sure you will end up with the right truck for your business.
:)

Oh, and asking price doesn't mean squat in this market. And there are not many buyers out there for a truck like that, so the seller can choose between your offer and letting it sit for another 6 months. ;)

I don't want to fix up another truck. I'm big on maintenance and detailing so I'm thinking a newish truck that will last me a good while will make sense. I've got calls into my lender and to my investor to see what my options are.

Don't dismiss asking the seller about financing as well. I was all set to use my home equity line to buy my truck but the seller offered a 5 year lease deal that was a half percent cheaper than my home equity line, and it didn't tie up all my available credit. I essentially drove the truck away with an $1100 down payment and a signature.

Back