Incredible Giveaway!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry for the delay guys. I wanted to do a fancy schmancy drawing with pics and the whole bit.

The night that I was doing the drawing I got a call and a good friend was in a terrible accident with her horse. Then I went into the marathon workfest which ended in me pulling the most brain dead maneuver I've ever done and rolling my bucket truck onto it's side. I'll explain more when I get a chance.

Anyways! The winner is:

Bounce

Pm me your shipping details.

Wow.....thanks for still finding the time to do the giveaway, through the troubles. Glad you're OK, squish, hope your friend is too.

This thread is dying I'm assuming now so I might as well fess up here.

I left my dump spot with my boom up. No real way to sugar coat it, stupidest thing I've ever done :X

:(

Snagged a telephone line and rolled the truck over.:cry:

Dammit man, I'm feeling pretty freaking stupid and depressed. No one was hurt in my accident. Only me in the truck, that I can be thankful for. Two lonnnnnggg days with a lousy night of sleep, lead to a major fork up by me.

I feel like crawling under a rock. Gone over it a thousand times in my mind and don't have a clue how I forked that up. I remember checking my passenger mirror as I was leaving to double check my tailgate was closed.:(

Truck will be a write-off I'm pretty certain.

Our friends accident was really bad for her. Her horse reared up and got her off and then fell on her breaking her pelvis in five places. She's alive right now but the extent of her injuries were still unkown last I heard. I've been pulling long days and then going and looking after her farm for her the last couple of nights.

If it comes in threes I'm thinking me and my family should just stay home today but I'm worried a plane might crash into our house or something.:(

Gawddamn! You'd think some sorta safety mechanism would be involved to prevent that, like not being able to come outta first gear. Some type of lockout/tagout type thing.

Sorry to hear about your friend, lordy.

I just can't figure out how I forked that up. 10,000 things on my mind except what I should've been thinking about. This is by far the worst f-ck up I've ever had/done. I'm feeling just sick about the whole thing.

Worst part is bucket trucks are very hard to come by up in Canada. Very limited selection for used. In searching this morning I've found two forestry units for sale across all of Canada.

Very sorry about the troubles...your poor friend :(

Try and grab some rest. You can still get on with things after some recharging, probably better.

Seen the pull away with the boom up done before.....damage was also great. It happens.....

I've always prided myself on not being a moron. I guess I can't do that anymore. :(

Even with insurance this is going to be a major financial loss for me. My bucket was worth way more to me then the insurace ravens are going to payout.

I am just happy you did not get hurt ... Sounds like you friend has a really good friend in you right now though... I hope she heals up ok .... Take a deep breath man.. You got to go home to your loved ones. Try not to be too hard on your self... I can think of a few bone head moves I have done in the past, hammered myself on them and then it all worked out fine one way or another.
I hope you can get this all resolved soon....

Wow! I'm glad you weren't injured, Justin, but that really sucks about your friend. :(

And Greg is right, the truck can be replaced. Can you import a truck from the US? I'm sure there are several guys here who could help you find a good truck at a good price. With the economy in the tank right now, deals can be had.

Dude, take the day off and spend it with the family, put the probs out of your head and start fresh tomorrow morning. They arent going away and they wont be solved in the next twelve hours. Major good thoughts to the injured friend and I hope the insurance buzzards are reasonable. If you have work booked that cant wait, let me know, I might be able to contact someone up your way and ask a favour, no promises but I will try if you wish. Text me or PM me eh.

Dang Justin, I did that once but remembered before I made it 100 yards! Freaked me out but it was cause I was blathering on the phone while dumping. I'll sell you mine maybe. I want a rear mount

Thanks for the replys guys. I feel so stupid about this, can't stop running over and over it in my head.

Things have just exploded for me work wise over the last week. So now I get to improve my climbing skills I guess.

I've looked into importing trucks before and found it a major stumbling block for me. I'm not good with all the beaurocratic paper shuffling. I have a broker I've used for bringing in some equipment before but by the time the fees and the shipping are added in it really eats into getting a better deal. I've got to figure something out fast though.

So far I'm tentatively looking at a '98 GMC diesel with a 60' highranger, they're asking 39,000 and it's about 2g away from me in fuel/flights.

Also found a '04 international with a 60' versalift that they're asking 69,000 for but that's stretching my price range for sure.

I may be seeing if a houser back east in Ontario might be willing to have a look and take some pictures and whatnot for me if things get serious on the GMC.

All Canadian prices of course which is why they're going to seem way high to y'all down south.

I'll keep looking for now.

Again I appreciate the kinds words despite my idiotic maneuver. I'm just so glad I never hurt anyone. I'd have a hard time with that if I did I think.

And yo Bounce/Sean when you read this PM me your details. One incredible t-shirt heading your way.

Mr.Sir I'll send yours out with the DVD's that are coming your way when I get Sean's info. Ok.

If you have work booked that cant wait, let me know, I might be able to contact someone up your way and ask a favour, no promises but I will try if you wish. Text me or PM me eh.

Paul I appreciate the offer man. I've already lined up a loaner chip truck to get me through the next couple of weeks. To much work lined up I'll lose if I don't get r done.

That must've been one strong phone cable:O

You're telling me!:X

Frig I wish that line had just broke. Dammit!

What happened to the telephone line? Did you get in any hot water over that?

My vehicle insurance will cover that.........I think. It also shutdown the power to quite a large area just by shaking the poles. My insurance will cover that call out too..........I think.:(

Back