In The News...

Yosemite Valley last night.
Won't be at our Latitude tonight though.
Great lake states should have another show though.
View attachment 138716
That was probably a 30 second long exposure shot judging by the length of the light trails from the cars in the roadways, by the brightness of the aurora, by how fuzzy the waterfall looks, and because some of the stars have an ever-so-slight trailing effect. That aurora must have been extremely bright because this photography was able to get such a highly exposed photo despite all of the light pollution below. I wonder what time that photo was taken. It's possible that the photography increased the exposure of the aurora in post, which is pretty normal...but I've never seen an aurora this bright before. But we did just have a super rare and intense solar storm. I wonder how crazy it was at the poles.

We don't get the aurora in TN, but the red glow was very noticeable even with the light pollution around me, which is a lot compared to the country. Most of it was pretty faint.

I wonder if he's also getting billed for the rehab, cause I'm pretty sure $145k isn't anywhere close to what it'll cost to fix.

Poor Kim Jong Un can't make satellite go fly!

That whole article reads weird. Looks like it was written by a bot. Is an airbrake an actual thing? Do you have to fill your tanks first?

That whole article reads weird. Looks like it was written by a bot. Is an airbrake an actual thing? Do you have to fill your tanks first?
Air brakes, also known as speed brakes or dive brakes, are flight control surfaces on aircraft that increase drag and slow down the plane while maintaining lift. They are typically mounted on the fuselage or wing and extend into the airstream when the pilot activates them. As they expand, air brakes reduce the aerodynamic properties of the wings by taking up space above and below them. This exposes the plane to more drag, causing it to slow down.

Air brakes can be used to control speed during rapid descent or to quickly reduce speed during level flight. They are especially useful for high performance military aircraft and some commercial aircraft types, particularly those that have low drag at high speeds and don't bleed speed well. Air brakes can be activated manually, automatically, or with a combination of both. Automatic airbrake control is especially useful for more accurate and steeper automatic landings.

After landing, air brakes can be used in combination with other braking systems and mechanisms, such as reverse thrust and drogue parachutes, to safely and efficiently decelerate the aircraft.

Texas 20-year-old dies from sudden electrocution before first baby's birth: 'Our daughter Leilani will know who her daddy was'​

MSN - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-20-year-old-dies-from-sudden-electrocution-before-first-baby-s-birth-our-daughter-leilani-will-know-who-her-daddy-was/ar-BB1nlAsW?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=97b4296468a14fe29df2ba52dfcbd37d&ei=17

"Trey's 20-year-old-life was cut short yesterday in a tragic accident. He was helping his uncle (not licensed or bonded) trimming trees in Arlington when he cut into [a] power line hidden in the tree." ~quote from the news story

Texas 20-year-old dies from sudden electrocution before first baby's birth: 'Our daughter Leilani will know who her daddy was'​

MSN - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-20-year-old-dies-from-sudden-electrocution-before-first-baby-s-birth-our-daughter-leilani-will-know-who-her-daddy-was/ar-BB1nlAsW?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=97b4296468a14fe29df2ba52dfcbd37d&ei=17

"Trey's 20-year-old-life was cut short yesterday in a tragic accident. He was helping his uncle (not licensed or bonded) trimming trees in Arlington when he cut into [a] power line hidden in the tree." ~quote from the news story
That article raises more questions than it answered. But, that's just me, who wants to know more about how this happened so that it can be avoided in the future.

Well, power lines don't grow in trees. They grow on things that look like trees. Sounds like they didn't take the time to look where the power line was going. Didn't take the risk serious enough.

I couldn't find it, but I've seen a pic of an echo chainsaw that touched a power line. It left 2 craters like 3/4" thick in the edge of the bar through the chain, one near the engine, and one at the tip. Not sure how you do that by accident, but it has happened before.

Back