In The News...

It is sounding like they were felling the tree, driving wedges, top fell off. Won't know more or if that is the case until next week.
These trees are getting brittle and dangerous. A top breaking out would not surprise me in the lease. I have seen some already broke in half at 20" dia from a good wind.

These trees are getting brittle and dangerous. A top breaking out would not surprise me in the lease. I have seen some already broke in half at 20" dia from a good wind.

Scary stuff, for sure.

Sad story, thanks for posting.

That's a big piece for the wind to break out. Working at the base of a tree is getting more hazardous each day there.

Thats for sure. As Bots and CV have mad skills and experience and have been there for years, its gotta be a lot safer to be them than to be those who are coming in late to try to cash in.

When we cut something with a real sketchy top, one guy cuts and one guys stands a few feet away with eyes glued to top ready to yell well over the sound of the saw if something happens. Or reach out with a 4' stick and tap the cutter to run.

I'm surprised nothing has been said here at The House about the Standing Rock Water Protectors. My understanding is the Dakota Access pipeline was planned to be run near Bismarck but complaints from the populace led it to be redirected to the area of the SR tribe and they say it jepordizes their water supply. News today is that the Army Corps of Engineers denied the plan to run the pipeline under the Missouri River. Seems to be a huge unexpected win for the Water Protectors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...akota-access-pipeline/?utm_term=.7a20424f8ba6

PBS had a great show on how the reservations out there are working on selling alternate energy. solar and wind installations going in and more planned, etc....nothing to see here...it's just about the pipeline and the water...:/:

Gotta love their use of the term "sacred grounds"...isn't the entire earth sacred to them..."Mother Earth" and all that? That kinda covers everywhere...

No mention of the damaged or defaced equipment, vehicles, etc. by the "peaceful, unarmed" protesters though...how surprising...

That guy is a trip. One minute he's all about equality, and the natives being part of the US...couple sentences later: talking sovereignty of the native americans. They are either a nation or not...

Yeah...As a tribe (dependant), not as protesters on someone else's private property. Noticed the guy forgot to mention that too...

What most forget is that they never agreed to the treaty that all that now private land is on and still recognise it as part of the original treaty they agreed to prior. Every time we need "their" land, we take. We do not stand to our own treaties.
And to be honest, oil pipe lines at water ways is tantamount for disaster.

I watched an interview with a guy that reminded every one that the problem is with "older" pipe lines. Not the new ones. His words... "the new ones hardly ever have an issue."
Ohhh yeah.. No reason to worry for pipelines never get old or leaky... Bull shit. Disaster waiting to happen. JM.02W

I'm not for the oil guys. I just don't care for the protest folks' one sided coverage.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
Some is moved by trucks, lots of it is moved by rail.

We have 110 car trains up here hurtling past loaded with Bakken crude.

It's danger is equal to refined gasoline.

They killed almost 50 people in Canada in 2013 from a derailed oil train.

Back