In The News...

I heard that comment from the newscaster, too...as soon as I heard it I thought, "there isn't any such thing as a simple domestic call." Complacency is a killer.

I think he shot them through the front door. I guess you pretty much have to knock on the door or ring the door bell, what else can you do? Some parent called about a son (shooter) being a problem.

Sheriff Joe seems like a whacko to me.

Just a few aspects of his illustrious career:

Accused of abuse of power, misuse of funds, failure to investigate sex crimes, improper clearance of cases, unlawful enforcement of immigration laws, and election law violations.

One of Arpaio's public-relations actions was the requirement that inmates wear pink underwear in order to prevent its theft by the released inmates. He claims this has saved the county $70,000 in the first year this rule was in effect. Arpaio subsequently started to sell customized pink boxers (with the Maricopa County Sheriff's logo and "Go Joe") as a fund-raiser for Sheriff's Posse Association. Despite allegations of misuse of funds received from these sales, Arpaio declined to provide an accounting for the money.
Arpaio's success in gaining press coverage with the pink underwear resulted in his extending the use of the color. He introduced pink handcuffs, using the event to promote his book, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, America's Toughest Sheriff. Arpaio has said "I can get elected on pink underwear...I've done it five times."

"Arpaio became involved in a travel venture through his wife's travel agency Starworld Travel Agency, based out of Scottsdale. While there, he sold passage on the Phoenix E space rocket, which was hoped to take off from either Edwards Air Force Base or Vandenberg Air Force Base on the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' voyage to the new world. Although he claimed in 1988 that the first 19 flights of the Phoenix E were booked, no flights were ever made".

While I may not agree with Sheriff Joe on everything, the people of his county have elected him, and as their duly-elected sheriff, he should be left alone. They voted him in because they like his stance.

He's about to face another election.. Or they will maybe vote him in because he has raised twelve million dollars for his campaign as opposed to five hundred thousand by his opponent.

Being it's a black on black shooting I'm surprised anything was reported let along the "illegals involved" aspect. Give the media a few hours to get permission to report the facts.

Bob, I'm unclear on what constitutes national news, I recalled that Google news had that LA Times story running my this morning. I didn't read it, and it still comes up now with a search. Do you mean national news networks?

Back