In The News...

i have the right to wear that as well in this country and i think it is fundamental to what this country is about that I have that right

I was just in a gas station in the Thumb of Michigan and I guy got out of the truck with swastikas and iron cross tattoos all over his FACE! It was a roofing company truck too which I presume means he had a job. To each his own. I presume they don't work much in Detroit.

Idk, I just read wiki and no mention was made of women being treated differently than men.

So I'm with Squish

So you can drop your kids off (theoretically of course) at school in a KKK outfit including the white hat covering your face?

of course as long as the school doesn't have a dress code which most of them do. in Detroit public school it is collared shirt and slacks. Muslim girls wear their scarves or they don't. I could walk down the street today with a KKK outfit on and if I get accosted I could legally file charges and the police would have to defend me from attack.

Im surprised there isn't a law against the wearing of garb which represents a hate group.

Idk, I just read wiki and no mention was made of women being treated differently than men.

So I'm with Squish

they certainly dress to religious codes differently than men. Have you seen a amish woman wearing jeans? that would certainly result in a shunning. I don't care much. Ask your mother what society mandated she wear in public. the shoes etc. ask your grandmother. Corsets anyone? should we outlaw those even though they are no longer the style? I would think that wearing high heels any where would be close to torture. Is it a sign of abuse that girls pierce their ears, wear high heels and wear pants several sizes too small to the point they can hardly walk. I am thankful that I have the right to do that to myself as well. I would probably choose a burka over that outfit but thats just me.

You're bringing up minutia. Afaik, burka cultures forbid schooling of females and are way over the top about keeping them as hard core second class citizens. It doesn't compare to fashion issues you cite, imo.

Im not saying its cool. but I have the right to wear whatever I want. burka, high heels, or kkk outfit. Thats america.

Seems to me most religions are about keeping women "in their place".

Islam just hasn't been through the modernization process that the others ( Except Amish) have.

Back