In The News...

The Amish don’t observe DST. They go right on as usual.

I confess I did like it better the way it used to be. Roughly 50/50 instead of 67/33.

You are correct, Brian. I was speed-reading the article and overlooked the IRA part as I was researching investing in physical gold...not thinking of it as an IRA. I’ll delete that post.

Last edited:
Interesting videos inside showing massive protests to govt. mandates in Melbourne, Australia:

@Bermy @Steve Mack

I know Melbourne is the sore thumb province down there related to govt. overreach. How are things where you 2 are situated?

I saw a vid today where a guy was talking about the mandates in Australia...not sure which area(s) he was talking about, but he mentioned ridiculously high fines for non-compliance with the mandate.

Well its Tuesday evening now...Melbourne has been the most locked down city on the planet so one can understand frustration. They are approaching 80% vaccinated and lockdowns have ended.
Vaccination is mandatory for some sectors across the country, plus I think selected additional sectors in States that just had a huge surge of Delta.
The dipshit who flew into Tasmania from one of the mainland hotspots without a valid pass, then left hotel quarantine and went walkabout and wouldn't co-operate with contact tracers causing a snap three day lockdown in the south of the state was fined $3000. Tasmania now is almost 80% double vax.
Australia as a country is at 80% double vax over 16, New South Wales is at 90% double vax over 16.
Anyone who wants a third dose of Pfizer can get it if they want now if their second shot was 6 months ago.
People are making choices, one way or another.

Lockdowns are ending now as the percent vax climbs past 80% across the country. It's part of the official 'Roadmap' out of Covid restrictions. That target was reached last week.
However the % is not even across the board especially in some rural and isolated communities. Where there are large indigenous populations and where vax % is lagging, snap lockdowns and lockouts are still PART of the toolbox to help prevent uncontrollable spread. They tend now to be early and short.
Victoria (of which Melbourne is the capitol) has passed 80% double vax and is still recording near 1000 cases per day and deaths in single digits. Lockdown is over now they reached their vax target.
Based on their last Delta outbreak those not vaccinated were 16 times more likely to die, and 10 times more likely to end up in hospital.
Generally over here, people would prefer not to get Covid.
If you visited me today, you'd hardly know there was a pandemic, We'd like to keep it that way.

Back