In The News...

I heard a report that drilling a hole is not a great option cuz unless they have near exact coordinates of where the boys are, drilling a well placed hole is a total crap shoot.

You'd think a diver could bring a GPS locator gizmo down there and they just drill towards the signal. Hell, that's how they do it on jack-up rigs offshore.

About 2000 feet of drilling in what I read. That's a lot of dirt blocking a GPS signal. My handheld Garmin loses the signal in heavy tree cover.

I say wait. Send them all the shit they possible could via diver, and just begin the long wait. Better than being dead. They'll all probably become rich after all of this, anyway... or not. At the very least they'll still be alive.

Something seems to have changed:

From CNN: 9:29 a.m. ET, July 3, 2018
Rescue teams could start trying to get the boys out as soon as tonight
It's just after 8 p.m. in Thailand's Chiang Rai Province, and officials tell CNN that they could start rescuing the boys and their coach as soon as tonight.

"We heard from the deputy governor of Chiang Rai here, and he said that if they can, if it's appropriate and if ? if it's not going to risk the boys' safety, they will get them out tonight. They will at least start getting them out tonight," CNN's Anna Coren reports.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1014125938307559424

I read that there are heavy rains coming in the next few days, so maybe that's prompting them to act ahead of time.

I heard that it sounds like they might make an attempt to swim/dive out based on mega rains coming by Saturday. Read that all the gear was prepped and being sent in today and that some 'leader' was asking for an assessment of the kids abilities/training and the plan would be to start with the youngsters that had shown the greatest adeptness so far.

UWqPJqy.png

:thumbup:

The rest of the story.

Great story but how did the lions not get shot by poachers?

I'm guessing they were surprised and overrun. They coulda been camping, they had the gear... maybe it was at night.

Back