In The News...

I didn't think so. I know Germany had exterminated almost a million of them in the 40s. not so keen on having them come back I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

They have a reputation as thieves, being dirty and generally antisocial. They don’t tend to assimilate at all. Fairly easily recognisable in appearance, short, very dark.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers
Not to be confused with Irish tinkers/knackers/pikeys/gypsies who have a different genetic background.
Although a similar reputation as far as criminal behaviour goes etc.

Just general perceptions, I’m not saying if it’s true or not.

interesting that they have been in Europe for 1000 years. impressive that they haven't "assimilated"

The bigger women have a sack that hangs between their legs when wearing a heavy dress to hide what they stole. Some can fit a small child.

It’s interesting to note that you could go to a dinner party for bien pensants and if you were to say anything overtly racist about any of the usual minorities you would be greeted with horror and asked to leave, never to darken their door again.

Say what you like about Pikeys though you won’t get much bother.

Nope.
If old Adolph had stuck with gassing them and left the jews alone, I don't think anybody would have bothered to complain.

The strongest argument against letting Romania into the EU was that they have over 600,000 Roma.
Once Romania became an EU country the open border policy meant we had them spread all over the rest of Europe.

I was amazed to see that even in Kirkenes, the northernmost city in Scandinavia, they had Romas begging on main street.

that's wild. I remember talking to a Bulgarian who was talking about the Rom. It sounded like everyone hated them yet all the popular music was Rom or wannabe Rom.

When we put a title/nationality to an action or group of actions (way of being) I think that may be racist and prejudiced. It strikes me that way anyway.

But, think about it. If there were a group of people that you really liked or a thousand clones of yourself running around doing the things that you find socially offensive would you find that any more agreeable?

I'll go on record as having said it here, if you ever see a thousand merles running through the streets destroying things, looting, defacing, raping and etc please lock them all up for as long as they are tempted to do that kind of thing, or put a permanent end to their actions - whichever you can stomach.

With the Romas it is a bit of chicken versus egg thing.

The Romas claim they are the way they are, because every society discriminates against them.

Every society claim that the Romas get discriminated against because they are the way they are.

Those who come here, set up camps and go around thieving invariably claims they are only here to collect empty bottles, to get the refund money and the cops are discriminating against them.

We'll, some 6-8 years ago we were asked to clear a small wooded area near the center of Copenhagen where they had set up a camp, so they couldn't come back.

The whole place was full of stolen stuff, literally heaps of empty wallets, purses etc.
Also stripped electric cables en masse.

Stealing copper cables were the big thing with them when copper prices were high.

Got so bad we made a law that metal dealers had to ask for valid ID when buying scrap metal from people.

They do make good music.
Lots of other music from Paganini to Kletzmer has been inspired by it.

I think the demonisation of these kids who’s friends were shot in front of them by the right wing press is sickening.

I mean ignore them as daft little fuckers by all means but to suddenly turn them into fair game for character assassination is low.

“to suddenly turn them into fair game for character assassination is low”

They did that to themselves when they agreed to be political pawns for the leftists agenda.

There are WAY more avoidable deaths per year other than caused by gun violence Peter but deaths aren’t whats being protested.

Back