In The News...

Meh, so what if he can do it, anywhere in the world? And so what if oue missles can't stop them?

Mutually assured destruction.

He can blow us away, but guess what? We can do the same thing back to him.

Putin ain't stupid.

Just curious on thoughts. Election rhetoric?

Seems pretty dr. Evil when you announce you can nuke the hell out of the rest of the world at new levels of armament while displaying your own face on a giant screen behind you?

Justin, why would you need election rhetorics, when you are the only dog in the race?

As to why Russian leadership might be talking this way...I don't know for a fact and I won't be getting into a debate about it but, did you hear about the possibility Russia lost face with regard to military about ten days ago?

A youtube vid I happened onto (and will try to find) spoke of an engagment in Syria where forces had been building up with a heavy contingent of or primarily Russian mercs. So the US is on the special hotline to de-escalate conflict and Russia says, no we don't have any guys there. Maybe calls and checks multiple times over days.

So the agressors start into it and the US pounds them hard with air power and maybe testing out a new missile or something in the process. Around 300 killed, lots of tanks and troop carriers hit. Their own commanders on the radio saying how they were torn to shreds. No US casualties, one ally wounded.

And evidently this is in an oil rich area we are then helping deny Assad and Russia the ability to regain control of.

That makes sense with Putin verbage in my mind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XaeDMOWkCwU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At the ten minute mark commanders put a lot of info and perspective into their own words.

I can't believe there isn't more talk about this? Super sonic intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of 20 times the speed of sound and performing evasive maneuvers? Powered by mini nuclear reactors with near limitless range? Negating the missile defence system? Russia has not been asleep at the helm when it comes to developing weapons of mass destruction it would seem.

What does anyone think the USA's and others response will be to this? A new age of arms race? Seems Putin was using some rather strong rhetoric in throwing down the axe on the world stage.

As to why Russian leadership might be talking this way...I don't know for a fact and I won't be getting into a debate about it but, did you hear about the possibility Russia lost face with regard to military about ten days ago?

A youtube vid I happened onto (and will try to find) spoke of an engagment in Syria where forces had been building up with a heavy contingent of or primarily Russian mercs. So the US is on the special hotline to de-escalate conflict and Russia says, no we don't have any guys there. Maybe calls and checks multiple times over days.

So the agressors start into it and the US pounds them hard with air power and maybe testing out a new missile or something in the process. Around 300 killed, lots of tanks and troop carriers hit. Their own commanders on the radio saying how they were torn to shreds. No US casualties, one ally wounded.

And evidently this is in an oil rich area we are then helping deny Assad and Russia the ability to regain control of.

That makes sense with Putin verbage in my mind.

Yes. Interesting timing of everything and in relation to Putins comments as you say.

I wonder if this move is to try to make up for what they lack in conventional weaponry now?

Will it actually change anything? Or is it really meaningless as Butch says? If someone pushes the button it's all over on all fronts anyways?

One arms expert said we've been coasting for 10 years while russkies have been working hard on upgrades.

But as MB said earlier, we still have overkill on each other so whats the diff.

that is a good point, if it comes down to our missile defense working or not, it is end game anyway.

Great link, Jim...the guy was dirtbag...and the FBI acted like the Keystone Cops. They had many chances to catch him and just ignored them.

"He is serving his sentence at the ADX Florence, a federal supermax prison near Florence, Colorado in solitary confinement for twenty-three hours a day."

Solitary...23 hours a day for the rest of his life. Madness.

Back