I'm a Dealer Rep!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too busy keeping you from poaching my forum!

I'll be headed out in a bit. I live downtown, 1 block from 3 bars and 1 New Years shin dig. Waiting on my wing woman.

So, about these equipment financing companies...who knows what about them?

What does a 140 and BMG cost together? How does that work out in rough monthly payments? Does the bucket come standard with the loader, or is that optional, as I imagine forks to be?

What is the weight like on a 140 and BMG?

Gehl offers financing... commercial loan, 60 months, 6.5% I believe.
However, most of our financing comes from the customer's local sources. For example, my loader is financed at 5% for 72 months with a personal loan through a local credit union.

Currently, a Gehl AL140, HD tires, 2 post ROPS, block heater, pallet forks, dirt bucket, duals front and rear, and BMG is $32.2k. The machine itself (no duals or attachments) is $26.6k $32.3k at 6.5% for 60 months that's $630/month or $7560/year.

The bucket is optional/not included.

We need to weigh Scott's 140 with tandem duals and the BMG. The 140 is around 3700lbs, the grapple is around 250, and the duals are 80lbs a set. Sooo... roughly 4200lbs, give or take.

We stock a couple machines (usually 140s), but Dave likes the 4 post ROPS better so that's what he stocks. It costs around $2k more than the 2 post. So, usually machines are built to order. That normally takes 5-8 weeks from the time the order is placed until the customer receives it. So... if you are planning on a spring purchase... you need to get the ball rolling now.

Also, we still have a 2 post AL140 we got on a discount from the factory due to someone backing out. We can offer an additional $500 savings on it, although that machine is the only machine we can do that with. It was nearly sold to a Treehouser before the end of the year, but financing issues messed up his timeline and the deal fell through.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bmnoo59yb4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heh Carl or Dave I'd like to pick your brains for a moment. I'm considering an option of a medium sized loader for my business. Something that would have a much better capacity then my ramrod 950 as I'll probably never sell that machine so I will always have the option for very small or tight jobs. I'm thinking a loader that's big enough to load a tandem dump truck and has a cab with heat/air. I'd use it for treework were appropriate and also for snow removal in the winter, that's why a cab is very important. I've expanded my snow removal business and subbing out all the haulaways(loader/dumptruck to haul off site so parking spots aren't used up). By the end of this winter I should know pretty clearly if the loader expense would make it an option to have my own or not.

If you have any suggestions of models/set-ups or whatnot I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks

Do you want to talk publicly on here or privately? Makes me no mind either way.

The 540 can have the cab and air. I have a 540 with cab and air headed to New Jersey this month (ordered the end of last month/year) hopefully. Also the 540 is the machine I am currently running. I have no intentions of going smaller, although if they come out with a bigger one, that might be something I'd look at.

What's the side height on the tandem? A high dump bucket would likely be your best bet. I'll look up snows weight and figure out what size bucket would be suitable for loading out snow most efficiently.

Give me a bit to upload my high dump bucket video to my new channel. Trying to direct the traffic to it vs the former channel.

Here is a high dump bucket, shown doing everything but actually loading over the side of something. :lol: But basically you can have the bucket rolled all the way back and still dump the load. This gives you a fair bit of extra dump height. You can also roll it down to increase your dump reach. All in all they're quite handy although I sold this bucket with the 340. I might be buying it back though.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWccw4wc_3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, my gander suggests snow weighs about the same as mulch. So... you would need a dedicated high dump snow bucket. You could likely get away with a 3 yard bucket without issue. Will the loadout area be essentially flat? The problem with a 3 yard bucket is finding one... it'll likely be custom. We do sell a general duty (dirt and such) 8' bucket that has a ~44 cu ft heaped capacity (1.6 yards). It weighs 1180lbs. So with it full of snow, you would still be well under the rated capacity of the machine. Rated capacity is one of those things I don't much concern myself with on my machine though. Seat of the pants capacity is more important!

I'll check clearance on my machine next time I'm around it for snow chains. The 540 with 33" tires has 5800lbs of tractive effort (just under 8klbs of torque at the wheel). If I needed more pushing power for an application, stepping down to 28" (for example) tires would add another 1klbs/17% more force, while lowering the machine 2.5".

Also, people have put different tires/wheels on it for better snow performance. I don't know how that would help, but that's the intended purpose of these tires. Personally I feel like it makes the machine feel squirrely as all get out on those tires. The tires are considerably more flexible than the HD Titan tires on my machine. Still, they say they are better in the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 33
Oh, my gander suggests snow weighs about the same as mulch.

I don't know how that would help, but that's the intended purpose of these tires. Personally I feel like it makes the machine feel squirrely as all get out on those tires. The tires are considerably more flexible than the HD Titan tires on my machine

Snow 15# per cubic foot, packed snow 20# per cubic foot are the figures we use.

Those R4 skid steer tires are terrible on ice and snow. With out chains on frozen ground you can barely push the bucket when using R4's.
Most folks don't like you using chains when lot clearing because of all the marks it leaves on the lot. In the summer it looks like something was drug around.
I can see where the radial snow tires would be much preferred for winter traction.

Yeah, that's what I saw as well (20lbs per cu ft, 540lbs cu yard).

I readily admit I don't know about working in snow. My only experience with those tires is they are seriously squishy. Another point to ponder when picking out tires is the weight the front axle will see when loaded. Empty, the base model has 2345lbs on the front axle, and 4945lbs on the rear. The tipping load rating with a bucket is 4932lbs. Thus if the load in the bucket lifts the rear of the machine, the front axle will have 12.2klbs on it. Given the relation of the weights, with the machine's 2460lb operating capacity in a bucket, the load on the front axle would be around 7.2klbs. Pick your tires appropriately. Those are Wrangler MT/R Kevlars on that 540. Trying to look up the specs on them now.

My buddy had oversized Wranglers on his Tacoma. A woman blew a stop sign and T-boned him. She hit him dead center on the rear tire and spun him around. No damage to his truck or the tire. Her car didn't make out as well.

The highest rated Goodyear MT/R Kevlar tire is the LT285/75R16, rated to 3750lbs per tire/7500lbs per axle. 33" tall tire, 8.2" wide tread. Same height as the 540's R4 tires (Titan HD 2000 II), 7" narrower however. The width doesn't terribly matter, but you'll want to mind your floor and the weight you're putting on the front tires.

Having a blowout on a loader's front tire with the bucket at full height would be exciting at best, the weight shift could cause the machine to overturn.

Having a blowout on a loader's front tire with the bucket at full height would be exciting at best, the weight shift could cause the machine to overturn.
Wow, I never thought at this.

26000 lbs for non CDL 26001 and you had better be licensed. That is combo weight for truck and trailer.

It depends on truck and trailer combo gvwr weight. I could pull it on my 12,000 gvwr trailer with my 9200 gvwr 3/4 ton and I would be under 26,001 class A cdl in Illinois.

If I pulled the same trailer with the 30,000 gvwr chip truck, it is class A.

I have been pulled over and scaled in my 3/4 with the trailer. If I was under licensed I would have been arrested. I only have my B.

Edit: I may have just had a cop that didn't know any better. It's funny how things are interpreted so differently by different officers.

Here it CDL for air brakes (I believe, but could be wrong), for 26001 pounds and upward, or 10,000 (or 10,001) pound trailer and upwards.

Tanker and HazMat endorsements are above and beyond regular CDL licensing.

The way it was explained to me by a dot cop at the testing facility was that if the truck and trailer exceeded 26001 gvw combined and the trailer was above 10000 then you needed a class A.

We regulArly pull the log trailer(14k gvw) with a 250(10k gvw)

It depends on the combination and what state you're in. Federal law says over 26k and a trailer over 10k.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm

It is possible to have a 540, grapple, and trailer under 10k lbs, and pull it with a half ton truck.

The other day my F250 grossed 30140 lbs. I'm sure a modern half ton could handle a ~10klb trailer well enough.

I have been pulled over and scaled in my 3/4 with the trailer. If I was under licensed I would have been arrested. I only have my B.

Edit: I may have just had a cop that didn't know any better. It's funny how things are interpreted so differently by different officers.

Cops don't know the law. If they did they'd be lawyers.

Back