How's it goin down South?

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 5K
Aww c'mon that movie was fun!
The beginning was the best when the gulf stream stopped flowing...and when they were in the new york library deciding which books to burn, and how the atmosphere itself practically froze and fell on their heads...and, and...

See the gulf stream stopped because all the ice caps and glaciers melted and desalinated the oceans.

They made studded tires illegal here a number of years ago, but before that they were the standard in the winter. Too much damage to roads and apparently a lot of dust gets thrown up in the air when everybody is using them. They work better than snow tires without the studs.

Man, if it weren't for global warming it might be -100 :lol:
About 30 on the Fl gulf coast, freezing rain, pretty miserable out

I wonder how the gators cope with that weather/temps

Of course, you all know that I'm a conspiracy theorist.

It's HARRP causing all this insane "F"ing weather. If you don't know what I'm talking about Goggle "HARRP". There's harrp stations all over the planet, and even on ships that can move where ever they are needed for "research" . The gov says harrp is all for upper atmospheric research. But when you put as much high mega watts of power into the upper atmosphere as those things do nothing good can not come of it. That much heat in the upper atmosphere has to "F'" with the jet-stream and the weather. And why have mobile harrp units on ships? Oh, it's all research. Right.

No better way to get control of the planets populace than "F'ing" with their weather. And blame it all on us,,, with a label called 'Global Warming.'

Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm a conspiracy theorist?

I wonder how the gators cope with that weather/temps

They're just about all in their caves now, holes they wallow out, usually under a bank with an air pocket in them. They're cold-blooded and their metabolism slows down to a crawl. I've seen some that got caught out in this kind of weather and they might as well be dead, they can't move, you can straddle 'em, play with 'em, thump them on the head, whatever and they just can't move. When it warms back up, they'll thaw out and crawl off.

They're just about all in their caves now, holes they wallow out, usually under a bank with an air pocket in them. They're cold-blooded and their metabolism slows down to a crawl. I've seen some that got caught out in this kind of weather and they might as well be dead, they can't move, you can straddle 'em, play with 'em, thump them on the head, whatever and they just can't move. When it warms back up, they'll thaw out and crawl off.
Well adapted, I guess. Ha, not the first cold snap ever for that area.

Haha the church is obstructed in picture one and on the right of picture three. ~$3mil operating budget, the sanctuary cost $7mil back in the late 90's.

poikilothermic -- learned that one in HS biology.

It's amazing how much money people spend on religious institutions. Crazy priest built a new temple for at least three million a couple years back, really made the rounds to get contributions from his congregation comprised of nearly 1000 households. I cut the trees that they used for the best parts. :D

Pet squirrel? Cool!

Yea, she's a sweetie. I've brought home quite a few tree/pole casualty critters through the years and my wife has a great knack for bottle feeding and raising them. Some hang around and some leave. I've found that the gray squirrels are some of the best pets. It's funny, the males seem to take to the women and vice versa. Pearl, the one in the pic, absolutely loves me and my son, likes my wife but won't tolerate my daughter. 'Possums seem to be about the dumbest of what we've raised and coons the smartest. Flying squirrels are really neat, but when they get older the ones we've had all seem to want to bite. Their little teeth are like razor blades, you won't know you're bit until you see the stream of blood running down your arm. I've been meaning to ask you about the badger Cory, tell me the story.

You out in the country Lim? When I was down in Taylor County I noticed most people with a well didn't have a pump house. I asked my bud how that works in the winter. He says they just fix the broken pipes when they freeze up. Seems like after a couple of those episodes you would build a little shelter.

Back